Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-maia-group-fast-t225484.html)

jaba 09-12-2013 05:50 AM

Yes I do Joan, I have an HQ16. I don't have the stuff for all the fancy computer designs, that's another $8000.00, so all of mine are free motion quilting. It was costing me $120.00 plus shipping both ways and extra for the batting and thread per quilt to have it done. I just bought a bunch of stencils and some boards just need to practice with them. Practice is the key word :D just have to make myself do it!! You're right...you can't afford to buy a machine at that price. You're getting the deal of a lifetime, the batting alone is half that price.
Quiltermomma thanks for the link, think I found the right thread or at least one that will blend and then I found some more for my 3 round robin quilts that I'm doing and 1 more, so 4 spools of thread and $130.00 later. Yup I found the thread site:thumbup:...my allotment is shot for this month!!

QuilterMomma 09-12-2013 06:56 AM

Oh but the thread is so worth it. You bought the larger spools for sure so you will be doing more than just one quilt each spool. It is a great quality thread. I am on their monthly shipping schedule so I get four new colors every month on the Omni Thread. It isn't varigated like the King Tut, but still runs nice thru the longarm.

terriamn 09-12-2013 03:32 PM

Great Quilt Jaba. Can't wait to see it quilted,

Terriamn

createfourpaws 09-12-2013 03:52 PM

QM ....just letting you know the block as not arrived yet. I am keeping an eye out for it and will let you know when it does arrive.

I am not worried as I am not ready to put it together yet.

QuilterMomma 09-12-2013 07:31 PM

I am because I mailed everyone out last week and not all of them have found their way home. Silly post office. Just when you were thinking you could count on them, .......

mollymunchkin 09-12-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6281811)
That's it my fabric. I have the yello lilies and pink flowers with teal on brown asking to use the pink teal or yellow.

here is mollymunchkin block. I am done with this group now onto next.

Received this beautiful block today. Thanks so much.

createfourpaws 09-13-2013 05:37 PM

QM......great news your block finally arrived at my house ..... it turns out the mailman delivered it yesterday to my neighbor instead of me.. Yes you had the right house number on the envelope.

Thank you so much....I love it.

createfourpaws 09-14-2013 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the beautiful block that finally showed up from Quiltermomma. Thank you I love it .....now to figure out what I am going to use for my sashing and put it together over the next month. I am so excited to be a part of this swap. i did enjoy the fast group. I have one to make....sorry for being late.

Look forward to getting another one going.

Janice McC 09-17-2013 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the block I received from QuilterMomma last week. Sorry it took so long to post. Thank you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]436480[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 09-17-2013 11:13 AM

Hmmm Janice, I like it.