Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

QuilterMomma 06-11-2013 08:40 PM

That is what it is all about, you need to start somewhere AZTESS1. Come on along with us,

QuilterMomma 06-11-2013 08:40 PM

That baby quilt looks nice.

ctmhjenn 06-11-2013 09:31 PM

CONGRATS April, well done! I'm proud of you. You are one busy gal. Love you ctmhjen

Jupiter 06-11-2013 09:46 PM

Walmart fabric

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 6114306)
Makes me wish that my Walmart still had a fabric section. :(

I'd worry about the thread count of Walmart fabric being low. Be sure to prewash it and dry it, so if its going to shrink, it will before you cut your fabric pieces.

hugs, Jupiter

ArizonaKAT 06-12-2013 06:14 AM

I don't know where my head was. I started cutting out my pieces last night and cut one wrong . . . then another one wrong. AHHHHHHHHH! I guess I'll just make those two blocks myself.

LovingIzabella 06-12-2013 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 6111972)
Well all my blocks are done, my last one was mailed on Friday. I'm sitting this one out, all you gals have fun and enjoy the swap.April your amazing but to me you always have been. You keep on no matter what. Love you bunches . Mom

Awww thanks Mom I love you too!!

I have gotten your emails everyone I just have not answered them all. I am hoping to do that later today :) I am still limiting my time in front of the computer screen and it has made an amazing difference in the muscle spasms in my head. I guess they are finally healing!!
Happy dance for all the new members and old friends playing this time around.

Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words. I am trying hard to keep it all above the drowning line LOL
Hugs
April

marytoddliz 06-12-2013 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter (Post 6117620)
I'd worry about the thread count of Walmart fabric being low. Be sure to prewash it and dry it, so if its going to shrink, it will before you cut your fabric pieces.

hugs, Jupiter

You can get some pretty good fabric at Walmart if you get it from the Quilting choices, I would never get fabric from a different selection, meaning not 100% cotton. But you are right some of the 100% cottons are a little thin too.

I am going to go with a Primary quilt, with just primary colors.

QuilterMomma 06-12-2013 07:57 AM

I have those in my stash. I am still debating. I think once I get the Steelers quilt and the row robin off my plate this week, I can focus on what to cut up for the two small swaps I will be in. So do we have enough to get started on that fast small swap group? We can call ourselves "The Speedos". :D:D:D:D:D:D ROFL

Libster 06-12-2013 09:49 AM

I have my fabric washed, dryed, ironed, cut, saran wrapped and in the envelopes. All I need now is my list of mail-to addresses. I'm really looking forward to this swap.

AZTESS1 06-12-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6117580)
That is what it is all about, you need to start somewhere AZTESS1. Come on along with us,

Where do I start?