Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

Elisabrat 06-17-2013 07:22 PM

oh we will miss making quilts with Dad.. not even one small group? come on small is super easy you can squeeze one in!

christmas is fun to work with send me some!

jaba 06-17-2013 08:43 PM

Love the Xmas print! April, how are we doing for groups? Do we need to recruit?

joanelizbay 06-18-2013 03:55 AM

Ahh moon...your dad will be Sooooooo bored without mailing coming in for him to open...and we will miss seeing the pictures of him when he is ironing! Sorry you cant join us but I understand about unfinished tops! Still want to see your dads quilt when you get it done!

LovingIzabella 06-18-2013 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6128518)
Love the Xmas print! April, how are we doing for groups? Do we need to recruit?

I am doing a count today so I will let you know if recruiting is needed..I think it may be but let's see.
Hugs
April

jclinganrey 06-18-2013 09:08 AM

Hi Berryberry - -

This will be my 2nd Boom, so I'm hardly an expert by any stretch. I think your fabric choice is fine. I suggest that you ask each 'receiver' of that fabric to use a white (or ivory - hard to tell from the pic) as their additional fabric unless you're okay with people trying to match the red and green. (personally, I'd go with whatever the background color is). You're going to have a blast! I know I did the first time around and am looking forward to this one.

Jane

jclinganrey 06-18-2013 09:09 AM

How does the group feel about receiving a border F8?? I think that would be quite a challenge.

Thoughts??

Jane

marytoddliz 06-18-2013 09:16 AM

Show a picture of the boarder, might help us decide if we are up for the challenge!

Jupiter 06-18-2013 09:22 AM

I think a border fabric would be a kick to work with. Bring it on!

berryberry 06-18-2013 10:22 AM

One question and I promise I'll stop asking so many questions. How are you mailing out the F8 and then the finished blocks? This may help other beginners not just me.

From previous experience, I found the most economical I can ship one block is in a legal size letter envelope and pay the additional postage. If I put it in a manila envelope, it's a $1.00 more due to beginning size of the manila envelope. That's using a 5x7 manila envelope.

urgodschild2 06-18-2013 10:29 AM

OK I guess I missed something here. Apparently April is also doing a fast small group? So I want to make it clear that I always want to be in the slow groups no matter if they are big or small. although this time I picked a small one. Doing all the groups last time gave me 3 duvet covers for the grandkids and 4 other quilt tops. Yikes am I going to be busy.