Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

kidlit 06-17-2013 06:32 AM

Never mind. After reading all the posts, I think I will go for something later. This is a wonderful site, full of enthusiatic
quilters. I hope to learn so much with you all. Thanks, Kidlit

ArizonaKAT 06-17-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6125805)
Wow..thats a lot of organizing Jup! I have the "larger" pieces in one tub, civil war fabric in another, the little bitty pieces of fabric in a 2 drawer container and another container for the "not quite a yard" fabric in yet another one.
My house is so small that I dont have closet space or even a sewing room so have to keep it all in tubs just to be halfway organized! I like the idea of putting different colors in different drawers...hmmmmm.... :)

As I'm in the process of cutting fabric for my blocks, I'll cut the small "leftovers" in whatever the largest square I can get. I then put them in their respective plastic baggies and all in one plastic bin. This way when I decide to make a scrap quilts, I already have most of it cut out.

ArizonaKAT 06-17-2013 06:56 AM

I'm making several different lap quilts in this boom. I have Easter, St. Pats day, patriotic (Memorial Day, 4th of July), Thanksgiving, Christmas. Would it be against the rules to ask the boom buddies which they prefer to work on?

KAT

wanda lou 06-17-2013 10:22 AM

what kind of turnaround time for the Small FAST group?

jaba 06-17-2013 10:31 AM

wanda lou it's 2 months

wanda lou 06-17-2013 10:38 AM

thats pretty fast thank you Jaba.
I have alot going on this summer, but I am so going to miss this one.
I was trying to work it in.

jaba 06-17-2013 11:00 AM

Only 2 a week, bet you can do that. The slower group would go for 4 months.

Shadowirish 06-17-2013 11:42 AM

Question: I've sent April an email; should I be expecting a response to excepted into the group? I really don't want to start cutting material if I'm not in.

createfourpaws 06-17-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish (Post 6127777)
Question: I've sent April an email; should I be expecting a response to excepted into the group? I really don't want to start cutting material if I'm not in.

You will get an email from her when she assigns the groups. I got an email from her to confirm that I wanted to be in 2 groups.

Elisabrat 06-17-2013 01:08 PM

Give April time she accepts you if you sign up before closing don't worry :)

I wanted to say something ... I was cutting fabric today when it dawned on me unless you buy more than 2 yrds for 8 pieces your pieces will be slightly short. The selvage DOES not count as part of the inches in my book as I cut it off for everyone but this left me with 10.5 x 18 or 10.75 depending on the company who made it. This irked me. Oh yeah I got 44/45 inch fabric but its so much off each side and crud not enough. So I apologize right up front hope you can work with that it was that or leave it on and let you think you have more fabric than you do to work with. ARGH those are some wide selveges. Makower had one that was 3/4 inch off each side. WOW. getting almost as much as our parents did when fabric was 36" wide sheesh for the prices we pay too. ok vented.

Now I have brown/yellow fabric a bit modern, birds, roses, lime leaves OR I have Christmas novelty I cut up for you so selections selections!! I now have to figure which I want back faster which is ok slower thinking birds slower.. but if you ask real nice when we are assigned groups you can pick :)