Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-signups-now-closed-t222880.html)

Nelco 06-23-2013 04:10 PM

my LQS was having a sidewalk sale today and I got 2 different fabrics. Now I need to decide what one to use for the boom 10 swap. I signed up for a small slow group. Had fun on the last one and can't wait for the new one.

createfourpaws 06-23-2013 04:24 PM

Having a brain fark........I have signed up for 2 small groups, so that would be 30 people total. I am trying to figure out how much fabric I need to have, I believe I am figuring this wrong.......I keep coming up with 7 yards........but I am thinking I am looking at it as 1/4 yard per person instead of the 9 x 22. so I think I need just about 3 1/2 to 4 yards for the 2 groups I am in.

Thanks for your help.

ctmhjenn 06-23-2013 04:24 PM

Oh, I love your fabric! Who is it made by? I am not in this boom, but was in 9 and had fun. Too much going on in my life right now, but I will do a single swap with you if you will? Pm me on the board please. ctmhjenn

Marich52 06-23-2013 05:08 PM

Every yard will give you 8 cuts of fabric. I would get a 2-4" extra for straightening cuts. I hate it when I have a FARK...luckily I have a quilting friend that I can give an emergency call to...

Annaquilts 06-23-2013 06:26 PM

I am cutting fabrics right now for one of my small groups. I decided on Fat 8 with boy's prints on it that my swap partners can add bright kids' prints too and or bright tone on tone prints (no pink or purple since it is for a boy). I plan to make a small quilt out of it for my new grandson. Each Fat 8 will be a different print so as to make the little quilt scrappy and some what of an Eye Spy quilt. When the baby gets bigger he can look at all the fun prints.

Annaquilts 06-23-2013 09:05 PM

Pictures of the FAT 8s for the small BOOM swap

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the FAT 8s for the small BOOM swap. I am not sure if they will go in the faster swap or the regular one as I signed up for two small ones.

Jupiter 06-23-2013 09:44 PM

My first block for Boom 10

1 Attachment(s)
I got anxious to begin. I figure I am going to make one of my blocks myself, so why wait! lol This photo is the first block for my Boom 10. Its going to be a very bright quilt. My 10 yr old granddaughter is already trying to lay claim to it.

Sally, I am using your Pinterest page, http://pinterest.com/themilocat/12-inch-quilt-blocks/. Thanks again for putting that one together.

hugs, Jupiter

Libster 06-24-2013 03:11 AM

How pretty! I love your block.

Janice McC 06-24-2013 04:47 AM

I think a there's a little confusion about what an "F8" is. F8 means Fat Eighth so that would be 18X11. An Eighth is 9x22. I believe the preferred cut is a F8s but 8ths can be sent instead. I tend to use the words F8 and 8th interchangeably but they aren't the same shape at all although they have the same number of square inches. Hope this helps! I'm getting excited about the exchange and should have my fabric by mid-week. :)

Elisabrat 06-24-2013 05:41 AM

We arrived in Wyoming last night, in one piece more or less lol, the cats think moving SUCKS and let us know a good part of the drive then they got silent and glared the rest of the time. The drive was beautiful in so many ways. Leaving CA was tough the sierra's hold a special part of my heart, Nevada stark but beautiful in its own way, Utah interesting, full moon over salt flats made for pink/lavender flats very striking, then Provo is so green and attractive if I was rich I might even want to live there, onto Wyoming where the views coming down across the great divide are breathtaking, to green fields and farm land with mountains on each side, a river of some sort around every bend.. now here at Jaba's resting up a tiny bit before we head over to the new place to unpack. Jan made us a killer dinner last night which I so had been craving.. home cooked food. sigh.. heaven! I am excited to unpack and START SEWING AGAIN!!!