Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Now Closed for Sign-ups!!Mailing deadline is July 15, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-7-0-now-closed-sign-ups-mailing-deadline-july-15-a-t180039.html)

wanda lou 03-04-2012 04:57 PM

when you send out your fabric and blocks do you add delivery confirmation?

Cyndi H 03-04-2012 05:17 PM

It's up to you as to whether you pay for delivery confirmation. It's not required. I take photos of the blocks I make and receive, and keep the uncut F8s in their original envelopes until I use them for a block.

QuiltingKrazy 03-04-2012 05:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I decided on my fabrics today to use for the boom 7 swap. I will have two sets. One group will be florals with
yellow and lavendar with pinks, greens, oranges. The other group is whites and blue. I have always thought blue/white quilts were so beautiful. Here are a couple of pictures of the fabrics I have chosen.

Sandynorm 03-04-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5024920)
Last boom I used the 5 x 7 golden envelopes. Then when I checked the postage cost on USPS I discovered that the golden envelopes with clasps cost more to mail--so I tore all the clasps off before mailing them It cost 84 cents to mail each. Then I switched to regular white legal envelopes, cuz everyone else was using them, and they worked great. In the US the cost of postage for one squishy wrapped in saran wrap in white envelope was first class postage of 45 cents plus a 20 cent stamp (65 cents did it)!!

PS It cost more to mail my squishies to Canada, England and Australia--I took those to the Post Office counter (around $1.50-$2 each).

I also noticed that that glad wrap that sticks to itself helps to keep the thinkness down so the PO does not charge more for the thinkness.

sustraley 03-04-2012 06:21 PM

Nice fabrics QuiltingKrazy. I still can't decide what to use.:p

sustraley 03-04-2012 06:23 PM

Good decisiton to anyone who has joined this swap. It is a lot of fun.

ssnare 03-04-2012 07:04 PM

When mailing fabric, don't do what I did on my first boom. I put each in a small ziploc back and put them in a golden 5x7 envelope and said hand cancel. Each on cost $1.22. The post office has to hand cancel anything with one of those brad type closures, because they mess up the machines.

Phannie1 03-04-2012 07:13 PM

I order my fabric today. I hope to have it by next weekend and get it ready for posting. I have plans to do a patriotic quilt so I can donate it to my local veteran's hospital, through my local quilt guild. Looking forward to the swap.

marytoddliz 03-04-2012 07:57 PM

My favorite charity, the VA hospital. I am a Vet and when I take the quilts to the hospital it makes me feel really good to give them something special I did just for them. I was told the best size to make is about a 45 to 50in sq, they use them in their wheel chairs. You might want to check with the local Va Hospital and find out if they have any preference. How wonderful for you to be doing such a great thing.

Originally Posted by Phannie1 (Post 5031924)
I order my fabric today. I hope to have it by next weekend and get it ready for posting. I have plans to do a patriotic quilt so I can donate it to my local veteran's hospital, through my local quilt guild. Looking forward to the swap.

Jupiter 03-04-2012 11:05 PM

Jupiter's Fabric Choice.....

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo of my swap fabric. I love it. The vines give it life, the stripes keep it formally organized, the colors make me happy. Perfect!

hugs, Jupiter

-----(boy, do I know how to load a huge photo....wow!)----