Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-8-0-now-closed-signups-t195697.html)

urgodschild2 08-07-2012 05:01 PM

goldendog55...that is really close but I really have enough. The red is cute. thanks.

urgodschild2 08-07-2012 05:03 PM

the second one is exactly what I have. Will see if I need anymore. Thanks

urgodschild2 08-07-2012 05:05 PM

I like the blue flowers the best but both are gorgeous.

moonwork42029 08-07-2012 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More inspiration to finish up your tops... here is one that I finally got put together from the Boomerang 5 East swap in late 2011. I made 6 blocks to finish up and the 4 half blocks for fillers. We staggered them with the black dots and really like how it ended up. I provided the rainbow striped fabric and asked for "fun & funky" blocks and I think everyone came in a winner. I wanted to use it for a fund raiser for our family readiness group (FRG -Army National Guard Families) but I don't think I will get it finished in time...maybe for next year. :)

Dad is such a slave driver I might actually get all my blocks together sometime. I've got blocks for a patriotic one yet and a funky chicken layout along with a funky cat layout....my brain is tired.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354267[/ATTACH]

stitchingpost 08-07-2012 06:20 PM

Ok i got on the chat room spread the word for sign up ,aleast it will get out,i hope it works getting others to join,

jaba 08-07-2012 06:41 PM

Boom 7 water group

1 Attachment(s)
I am finishing this up and posted on the old site but will post here also for the new participants to be able to see what everyone came up with and what I got when I received my blocks back from the fabric I sent. My fabric was of the clay pots and this is everyone's blocks. I think it's going to be a pretty awesome quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]354275[/ATTACH]

kensington 08-07-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5425290)
I am finishing this up and posted on the old site but will post here also for the new participants to be able to see what everyone came up with and what I got when I received my blocks back from the fabric I sent. My fabric was of the clay pots and this is everyone's blocks. I think it's going to be a pretty awesome quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]354275[/ATTACH]

Pretty fantastic. And BIG.. that is one BIG quilt. LOL. I like that you set it in an Attic Windows shashing. Very nice.

Fraew 08-07-2012 07:07 PM

Oh Jaba! That looks fantastically awesome from here! Wow.

moonwork42029 08-07-2012 07:30 PM

Jaba -- love love love how it's looking! I too like the attic window...I might have to use that one again soon.

marytoddliz 08-07-2012 07:52 PM

Jaba, I love your quilt, it turned out very nice. The colors look very nice together. Is there a tutorial on the boards to do the Attic Window Sashing? I think I have the 12 in block, I might be able to figure it out. OK back to 1 1/2 inch squares, how did quilters do it before rotary cutters?