Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-9-0-signups-now-closed-t209908.html)

Elisabrat 01-06-2013 08:58 AM

JAN YOU HATE ORANGE! how did you buy so much ORANGE flame fabric? yikes. I think April will be in happy heaven working on your orange flames. Send me the flowered stuff lol. I have to think devils little devils is what I come up with when I see flames. Oh Lord, please dont let her send that to me. I will do payback if she does. yes yes I will :)

AND i am all done being not me. It didnt work out. yuck. so well world HERE I COME! coming to a block exchange near you! I thought the fabrics coming in last year were so much fun. some you will love some you will be indifferent to and others you say oh heck what the .. heck? can I do with that.. and then you make something and suddenly its like oh that isnt half bad I kinda like that. I would never work with half of the fabric I received and it was rewarding to finish a block see how the colors go together then see others interpretations.. its great for the learning curve and helps teach how to better combine colors/texture/designs.

What you will need: blenders, tone on tones etc in your stash I think. If your joining check out what you have and consider maybe a few staples like whites, blacks, beige, gray, red. not much it doesnt take much to finish a block but there were a few times I did the old wish I had.. i didnt spend much.

Also when sending if you can keep your envelope really flat like wrap your fabric in saran wrap or people used a lot of that machine that wraps things for freezing? it cuts postage down to regular stamp .. and that is a good thing :) zip bags have that bump? and depending on yourpost office they might charge the higher hand cancel rate of .65 c .

its snowing its snowing. yipppeee I am off to sewing.. Yosemitesa you are avoiding me I know it! first your not my quilty quilt trade pal now your galavanting off into a smaller group. next we will never see each other again and well.. my heart is broken. i am amazed you did a large group with all you have going to begin with. I totally get a small group this time. I am saying one large group this time but thats cause the queen bee here has not put out a call for two more people then I can close the swap.. she got me last time..maybe I can hide when she says it?

urgodschild2 01-06-2013 10:03 AM

Elisabrat you are so funny. We love the real you anyways.

I am going to be doing something different this time. My daughter in Australia does not want quilts for the grandchildren so I have not been able to make my darling grandkids quilts. But most Australian children have duvets (which are the same as our down comforters) and so I am going to make duvet covers. LOL. It will be like making a giant pillow case. So My granddaughter likes owls and when I was there we bought some owl material to make a little tiny pillow for her for her dance class. I was shocked at the material she picked. I thought seeing it was for ballet she would pick out a girly material but oh no.....she picked out brown background with bright owls on it. So my brain was thinking to do her in owls....but I couldn't find any owls material in the colors she specified so I am just going with a blue/purple print. She will have to put up with girly. LOL. The boys are almost done so I will need a few more squares to finish their's off. Then my other material will be for me. YEAH> Time to be a little selfish and make for yourself.
So yeah I am a glutton for punishment....I want to be in every group. I love making squares for other people and seeing the squares of fabric you send me. The challenge to make something. I know what Linda means when she says you get one that is a real challenge because you just can't figure out what to do with it....but when done, I am happy with it. Bring it on April.

LovingIzabella 01-06-2013 01:24 PM

Come on folks...you know you want to join us :)
Hugs
April

moonwork42029 01-06-2013 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
jaba...I see a Sunbonnet Sue with the flame fabric....now wondering if it would be the background for a naughty Sue??? Oh so many possibilities...Dad would come up with some funny comment I bet. Maybe send out 18 of the flames and 18 of some other.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386348[/ATTACH]

cuppy 01-06-2013 06:27 PM

sign me up please. I will send a email to. cuppy

Phannie1 01-06-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 5767765)
jaba...I see a Sunbonnet Sue with the flame fabric....now wondering if it would be the background for a naughty Sue??? Oh so many possibilities...Dad would come up with some funny comment I bet. Maybe send out 18 of the flames and 18 of some other.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386348[/ATTACH]

Sun Bonnet Sue Meets Sexy Firemen!

travelinggramma 01-06-2013 07:07 PM

Sun Bonnet Sue Meets Sexy Firemen!
I can't stop laughing - and DH is really starting to wonder what is going on with QB!!

roseirish48 01-06-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5764936)
Okay April you asked me what fabric I was maybe going to use, I have 3 choices I'm thinking about, 1 choice for the large group and I need to decide for the 2 small groups. I'm going to be very busy sewing. It's winter here and I hardly leave the house except to the PO and back too cold. A big whopping 18 degrees right now, fireplace is roaring....What do yuh think of these ladies, can you make me blocks?[ATTACH=CONFIG]386076[/ATTACH]

i used fabric like this for one of my grandson's quilts---had a motorcycle panel in front with I believe it was Ohio Star blocks around it --quilt was backed with this fabric. The quilt is posted on QB.

jaba 01-06-2013 07:47 PM

Oh moonwork that looks totally awesome. I'm taking names for a side swap and I truly am serious over this one, are you willing when the boom starts? And roseirish48, want a side swap too?

marytoddliz 01-06-2013 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about some Biker Chicks with those flames?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386372[/ATTACH]