Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

kiffie2413 10-07-2013 11:43 PM

Lynnie,
I think you need a 2nd remote for your tv...like a pseudo remote..it would fit in dh's hand just like the real one..he can sleep while you watch tv, and both of you be happy...now to figure out how to switch them out without waking him up...hmmm...ideas anyone?? Well, I mean ideas tomorrow, er later today..as I think I may be the only night owl here right now..lol
Kif

lynnie 10-08-2013 06:56 AM

he woke up for the last 2 mnutes to see the jetss win. soooo exciting, i'm still shaking lol. oh, boys and their toys!!!

owlvamp 10-08-2013 11:33 AM

Oh my still two days to get our names. I'm so ready for the names.

Difergie 10-08-2013 11:47 AM

Have been looking through the past years ornaments in the swaps, and they are sew pretty. About three years ago I decided to make one of my trees only American hand made ornaments! This swap is making me look forward to decorating that tree this year!

lynnie 10-08-2013 01:43 PM

can you show us some of your prize possessions "American ornaments".
most of mine are handmade over the years too. It's so much more special. one day in the future, I want to have a small tree in the sewing room with just ornaments from the qb. that would be so awesome

lawsonmugs 10-08-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6338141)
can you show us some of your prize possessions "American ornaments".
most of mine are handmade over the years too. It's so much more special. one day in the future, I want to have a small tree in the sewing room with just ornaments from the qb. that would be so awesome

What a neat idea.I think I will do that this year. I have a tiny tree (maybe 2 ft) that I might set up with the ornaments I've made and received. Thanks for the idea. hugs Mary

amelia0607 10-08-2013 02:54 PM

I am so impressed - some of you already have yours done. I haven't even decided what to do yet!!

amelia0607 10-08-2013 02:59 PM

I am so impressed - some of you already have yours done. I haven't even decided what to do yet!!

I spend way too much time surfing the net. I do a lot of my work from home and am tied to the computer for hours on end (5 tonight). Can't sew or do anything productive because I have to have my eyes on this silly split screen. But at least I can split it and do other things when I don't have a student to tutor.

Difergie 10-08-2013 03:15 PM

I will post some of the ornaments I have collected in a couple weeks...would love to share with you all...

lynnie 10-08-2013 06:36 PM

I spend hrs. surfing for something new and different also. I've spent over 5 hrs. looking for a new/different type of pincushion for next month, November.
soooo, now i'm waiting on inspiration for next year's ornament. I've got an idea, so i'll see how it pans out.