Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

Cindy60545 10-10-2013 10:06 AM

I'm so ready for names. Mine are ready to mail.

owlvamp 10-10-2013 10:10 AM

I'm with you mine are ready to mail as well.

lynnie 10-10-2013 10:50 AM

since I have so much time on my hands , I might go make some more. I used to have a nuisance of a job, should say jobs, 4-5 at a time working 102 hrs a week, that was murder. now i'm disabled and have a lot of time on my hands and I slink and lurk around here a lot. I've made over 300 quilts, so i'm a bit bored, and enjoy doing table runners and pincushions and such. I just love pincushions, they're so much fun to get and to make. I love making ornaments too, and they're so much fun to make too. sooooo, off I go to make more ornaments

cherrio 10-10-2013 12:26 PM

I am trying my hand at needle felting. yea, we'll see how this goes.

lynnie 10-10-2013 12:40 PM

did you see that black wool fab at joanns (49.00/yd) with red needle felted wool over it. it's breathtaking. i'd love some of it, but don't want to sell a kidney to get it. i'd love a cape, or an oversize coat with a capelet over it. it's so pretty. if you haven't seen it, you must go look at it, so thick and luxurious those who know how to needlefelt, sould buy the cheap wool and needlefelt to make it the 49/yd felt. can't wait to see what you make!

kiffie2413 10-10-2013 12:47 PM

Well Lynne... I can't say what I am really thinking....you lil turkey you!!! :p Don't stop with your entertaining quips, tho...I gotta have something to look forward to!! I'm with ya, Grann of 6, I actually have several made...but I keep finding more new ones to make, and making those, too...so my partners may be getting more than they bargain for!! Lol..
Yep, pretty sure "our" awesome Brenda has one of those "pesky" things called a job...and she's awesome for dealing with us "pesky" quilty/crafty peeps here, too...self included of course ;)
Going to cheer and be REALLY happy for Lynnie...truly, I mean it, yeppers, sure do...mmm..hmmm...happy, happy, happy:D
Take care all!
Kif

lynnie 10-10-2013 02:58 PM

Kiffie, it just got worse. I've been working on an English paper piecing project. I started it the first day of football season, after all those prep games and such. so Zoey went to the vet last week and got that yucky med for her furball problem,(for those of you that don't know. cats that are very clean or have extra long fur, zoey is a Russian blue so she has short fur. and clean too much get a furball, ie, a ball of fur in their bellies) to get rid of them they go out the way they went in. so you hear a cat barfing up a glob of fur. so we got this med, it's supposed to taste like tuna fish, 'cept I've got the only cat in the world who hates tuna, so dh gives it to her and it's all over the epp quilt. BIG YUCK!!!!!I've got it soaking right now. why do dh do such stupid things as try to medicate a cat on a quilt??????

kiffie2413 10-10-2013 06:15 PM

Lynnie, gotta love our dh's....and our kittys, well when ours was here with us. She lived to be 18, so a good life, but of course not long enough for our family! It's been 5 years since she's gone. Only pets we have now are the dust bunnies that live in a few nooks and crannies...lol...
Now the dh, kitty, and fur ball med in combo with a quilt or quilt in progress...not so much love there...:rolleyes:
K

lynnie 10-10-2013 06:30 PM

of course it was on the white on white triangle.
I love my little girl as if she were a person, she's so smart and loving and looks great on her epp 3/4" hexi quilt. she has a pearl necklace, her cat collar, a glitzy one and one the vet gave her for being a good girl. she has a tag w/her name. dicronic glass. 3 bells, and heart that says purrfect. she loves her pretties.

Pattia 10-10-2013 07:21 PM

well I am going away for the weekend so I hope to get my name on Sunday. I have mine started. Hope someone is ok to mail to Canada? Patti