Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

lynnie 10-24-2013 11:30 AM

difergie, you need to have a party with all of us there. soooooo, take some pics, and we'll all have a drink and cookies and celebrate your new pink floored sewing room!
mdall, it's killing me waiting to see what the rest of you all are getting. it's so suspenseful. when does your dh come home with the mail? the suspense is like a Hitchcock movie.
the tree goes up in a month, can't wait. Then Zoey has an all new playground to climb.
(all us fur parents have a lot to look forward to).

paintmejudy 10-24-2013 12:31 PM

LAWQSON - I HAD POSTED PIX BEFORE, THEY ARE THE WOODEN ORNAMENTS
Cindy, glad you like them. I have a funny story about year-round trees. When we first got an artificial tree back in the late 60s, I told my husband I wanted to just keep it up year round. My sewing room was right next to the living room, and all he'd have to do was put a door from the living room to my sewing room and I could just opoen the door, slide it in, and cover with a sheet. He looked at me, pondered a bit, and I actually thought he would go for it. His reply: "Not in this lifetime." Oh well, it was a good idea....

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6366082)
Cindy pictures please.....

lawsonmugs 10-24-2013 01:29 PM

Sorry Judy, I forgot I had seen them. I loved the wood slices that were painted. I'm in 3 swaps this month and get confused easily.My husband is onry too. They make you think they will do something then walk away shaking their heads. Usually I end doing it myself.

Difergie 10-24-2013 01:53 PM

Tilted ears--did you get the ornaments from me?

Oksewnsew 10-24-2013 02:00 PM

Ladybug, I got 2 very sweet ornaments from you today. Thanks so much.. HOW did you know I love, love, love pink? The little snowman is cute too. I can see I'm going to have to get a bigger tree for all my handmade items. I get all of them on there, ya can't see the tree..lol

My ornaments have been in my sewing room, just waiting to be mailed. I'm sending 2 to each of my ladies, but am still playing with things, might add something else.. ;o)

Thanks again.
Jean

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 6362921)
My Person will receive their ornament on Friday and I also did a side swap wit6h someone who didn't have a partner... Finally have my pictures on the computer... Here are my ornaments, I sent two to each gal..

grann of 6 10-24-2013 04:15 PM

Still haven't heard from one of my swap partners. I am getting worried, she should have gotten them last Saturday. Unfortunately there was no delivery confirmation because they went in a first class mailing envelope. I'd like to know, because if she didn't get them, I could send another batch, I made 2 for each of my swap partners. Well, maybe she didn't like them and doesn't know how to say it. Oh well, I tried.

mdall 10-24-2013 05:01 PM

Grann of 6, I would wait just a bit more. If some peoples mail carriers are like mine who knows what box the stuff ends up in. I live next door to all my in-laws and our mail carrier just bundles all the stuff together and puts it all in one box. Sometimes it my box, sometimes it one of the other family members box. We just call each other a couple times a week and tell each other hey I have a stack of your mail. It really burns my butt. I'm sure you will here from the other partner soon. They may be on vaca or something also. Hang in there.

grann of 6 10-24-2013 06:08 PM

I will wait a couple more days. She hasn't posted at all as far as I can see, so maybe she is away. Thanks.

mdall 10-24-2013 06:50 PM

Well still pondering more ornament designs. I do believe I am getting them narrowed down. I can say that I am off in the morning to get some glitter so I hope my partners like sparkles. These just may make in the box if they come out like the picture I have in my head.

Also, my kids have been watching me as I make these ornaments and they want to make some also. I was wondering if my partners are reading would you mind getting an ornament made by a child. I of course would include the ones that I made but they so badly want to join in and keep asking if they can make something for my partners.

owlvamp 10-24-2013 07:30 PM

If you have me mdall I wouldn't mind a child sending me an ornament. I'm also still waiting to see if someone received my ornaments as well.