Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

lynnie 10-29-2013 06:28 AM

kiffie and gran, so sorry for your diva machines acting up just when you needed them the most. They get prissy and take hissy fits too, but being so young is intolerable!!! always when we need them the most the act up. so sorry for their fussiness. a lost spring...looks like it will need to be replaced. these new machines are sooo delicate. those oldies but goodies seemed to run forever and not so picky. less parts I guess. If we can only afford to go to the spa for ourselves. wouldn't that be great. hopefully all is running smooth really soon.

lawsonmugs 10-29-2013 08:33 AM

Morning...Wish I could go to the spa.hugs Mary

lynnie 10-29-2013 09:23 AM

mary, wouldn't it be great if when we stopped working, our husbands sent US to the spa????
Hey, I think I might have a great idea here.

mdall 10-29-2013 10:37 AM

Spa, did someone say Spa? What is that? I dont think I have ever seen one. No pretty sure I have not. Closest thing I get to a spa is when I get to hang the laundry out on the line in the middle of one our scorching hot days of summer. Then I get to work up a sweat to cleans my pores, burn some fat, and mostly give me that dewy, rosy, cheeked look. LOL

So a little elf stopped by today to take my swap packages for a ride. He said that my partner should receive them no later than Saturday. I hope they enjoy what is in them. I delayed flight on them by an hour or so to add just another little something nice.

Also, the kind elf took my ornament for the Artistree at the Governor's Mansion for a ride also. If it gets chosen off to the mansion I will be going for a Christmas celebration. To bad I cant get DH to go with me if chosen. He is such a fuddy duddy when it comes to things like that. Oh, well that just means I'll have to take one of my partners in crime. I think an evening out with one of the girls at the mansion sipping drinks and mingling would be so fun. I dont get much adult interaction here with 5 boys. Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies. I sent out my Snow and Ice ornament for that one.

BTW, I know I said I would post pics of the orns I sent out but I got in such a hurry to get them ready for the elf that I forgot. So sorry. To the hole with me for being naughty. ;)

grann of 6 10-29-2013 12:00 PM

Just so you know, she is getting her guts removed and replaced while at the spa. I don't want to scare the machines by telling them they are going to get repaired, it sounds better to say the spa. When my Rottie had to have his knees replaced, he had to go for physical therapy. He would get all upset if I told him he was going to the vet. So when I loaded him in the truck I would sing, "Heigh Ho Heigh Ho, off to the spa we go, swim swim swim, walk walk walk, Heigh Ho Heigh Ho." He ended up loving the water treadmill, but as you may or may not know, Rotties hate water. So I have done the same thing with my sewing machines. I know I know, we quilters are a little wacky.;):shock:

lynnie 10-29-2013 12:23 PM

but that's why everyone loves a quilter.
didn't know they did knee replacement on dogs. I had mine done a year or so ago. it wasn't to much fun. I should know, had over 25 operations, and it was kinda yucky.
a trip to the governors mansion. now that's something to talk about. is there anywhere we can go to see what other people have done for ornaments??? i'd love to see the designs that others have done, so I can steal with my eyes and 'do it next year;. Is it a sit down meal with white gloves and all, or a buffet? heck, either one of them is nice, and such an honor also. when will you know???when will we know??? don't keep us in suspense, puh leese.

lynnie 10-29-2013 12:24 PM

i didn't get anything in the mail today, in case anyone wants to know.

grann of 6 10-29-2013 12:50 PM

Lynnie, when a dog tears his ACL, at least in larger dogs, they replace part of the knee with a steel plate and a ball socket. It is pretty much the same as with humans. The surgeon that did them, said it is the same as a "football injury". The recovery time is 6 months, with walking on leash for at least 3 months, no stairs, no running, etc. The 2nd one, he reinjured it 3 weeks into recovery, so he had to have physical therapy for 3 months twice a week. It wasn't cheap, but he was only 6 years old and in great health. Then this spring I had to put him down because he got kidney cancer. That was heartbreaking, he was only sick for 2 weeks. And poor Heidi was devastated to lose her "brother".

No ornaments here yet either. But it is still early. I am being patient. tap....tap...tap.....:D

And I still haven't heard anything from Brenda about whether my ornie was received or not.

lynnie 10-29-2013 12:59 PM

oh, gran, that poor dog. I know, we will do anything for our furbabies. my maine coon Xanadu, came down with a kidney infection...$2,000. you know, we spent 500.00 what's another 200/ then what's another 300.
He died at 9yrs, the BIG C. it was on his spine. he was soo good. we still miss him. only other fur parents know what we go thru. I have a son from my first marriage. my dh and I have the kitty kid, Zoey. that's my husbands little princess.

hopefully someone got an ornament today, it's 5 on the east coast. so maybe someone in the west will post. have a good evening, i'll ck back later.

grann of 6 10-29-2013 01:20 PM

Lynnie, I spent about $15,000 on him in about 18 months time. He was a rescue that I got when he was 18 months old. He was such a wonderful dog that I was willing to do about anything for him, but when he got the cancer, the vet told me there is nothing they can do for kidney cancer, and it moved so fast. He was 8 1/2 when he passed. My dane will be 11 at Thanksgiving, so I am cherishing every moment with her. Kids are all grown, and DGKs are getting there, so I need my pooch.