Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

kiffie2413 12-15-2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by materialgrl (Post 7008815)
I feel fine now, I worry about going to ER, like I over react, So I'm glad it passed in The ER so it wasn't a false alarm, It scared me because it came on so fast, I 've had bariactric surgery so I dehydrate very quickly, and I was very ill for a few hours, I drove my self so of course the first thing they do is give you morphine, so I had to call to make sure someone could come drive me home. I was afraid to was my appendix, But all is well,

Happy you're feeling better!
Kif

mdall 12-16-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7009166)
I received a special surprise in the mail today -- a wonderful FQ from mdall for winning the last contest drawing. It's blue and cream with a Civil War type pattern. Just perfect since I'm collecting these types of fabrics for a few projects. Thank you so much, Michelle!!

You are so welcome. To be honest I did not even pay attention to the designs I was picking out. I just went through and choose ones that I knew I most likely would not be using any time soon. So glad it turned out to be one you could use. I will have to pay more attention during the next swap on who likes what so I can match their likes with the prizes.

mdall 12-16-2014 09:42 AM

material, i sent my email addy to you. So glad you are feeling better. Things here are the same as usual, take some time to breathe and then the other shoe falls. Dont get me wrong, I know life is supposed to have its ups and down but dang it could I please have more than a week of up before the next down comes. I am starting to feel like a test dummy for roller coasters. Oh well, I will trudge on as always and look back on this one with a huge smile once it is done and think "Oh, you know I kicked your butt again." LOL Keep your heads up and keep smiling ladies otherwise the world will know its getting to you and no sense in giving it any more pleasure than you are having.

Dedemac 12-16-2014 04:36 PM

Michelle, Last night we finally got the tree up and decorated it, it was a joy to group all this years ornaments with the ones from last year. I think the pine cone and the woven star from last year are sooo special. And then there is a special snow globe with the reindeer from last year. This year I get to add a wonderful folded tree. On our tree there is a special section just for the QB board, the fun part is it will get bigger each year! What's more I have started to branch out to the wall!

Enjoy today and those around us, the lord will not give each of us more than we can handle.

I would like to wish those who celebrate it, Happy Chanukah!

mdall 12-17-2014 09:16 AM

Dede, I feel the same way when the orns from the swap go up. I always make sure they find a place in the front of the tree. After a few more swaps I will have to find a place in the house for just a swap tree. Maybe next year.

Christmas is on 8 days away and I need to get busy. Tree is going up right after lunch, once it has time to settle I will dec it tomorrow along with getting all the other decs in the house up. Still need to wrap all the gifts also before this weekend. Calling for a huge snow storm so need to get that done in the event the kids dont have anymore school before Christmas. I am so behind this year but really starting to feel the mood now that decs are going up. My mom got me some items that I been wanting for awhile now and just didnt break down to get myself so really looking forward to getting my hands on those items and spreading the cheer around the house. Kids also have their trees to put up. I am trying to get an ornament for each of them done in their favorite NFL teams before Christmas. I am cross stitching them so wish me luck.

roseirish48 12-17-2014 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 7010644)
Michelle, Last night we finally got the tree up and decorated it, it was a joy to group all this years ornaments with the ones from last year. I think the pine cone and the woven star from last year are sooo special. And then there is a special snow globe with the reindeer from last year. This year I get to add a wonderful folded tree. On our tree there is a special section just for the QB board, the fun part is it will get bigger each year! What's more I have started to branch out to the wall!

Enjoy today and those around us, the lord will not give each of us more than we can handle.

I would like to wish those who celebrate it, Happy Chanukah!

so happy to be of service Dedemac. i do better on wall hangings then i do on tree ornaments