Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

dfelker 11-09-2015 12:08 PM

All such great ideas!!

lawsonmugs 11-09-2015 01:49 PM

Such cute and simple little ornaments. I sent off my ornament East also today.

pbadder 11-09-2015 02:03 PM

My package was mailed today. My partner will get her package in three days. It is going East.

roseirish48 11-09-2015 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 7371550)
My package was mailed today. My partner will get her package in three days. It is going East.

Just about everyone would be east of you. havent rec'd mine yet so will keep an eye out for the mailman on Thursday.

Irene C. 11-09-2015 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I just got home from a weekend away and arrived home to some happy mail. My ornament from Susan (June Billie) was here waiting for me. Thank you Susan, I can't wait to see what you have created. I am waiting to open in December at the reveal. Out Of Sight Out Of Mind, so I put it away......lol....I did feel the package....soft and almost flat....hmmmm?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535335[/ATTACH]
I will shut the door now.

ctyankee 11-09-2015 03:31 PM

Irene -- looks very promising! But I hope you don't forget where you put it! Last year I had mine in plain sight. I can't believe I made it to the reveal without ripping it open!

Red -- those baby stars are delightful!

Betty J 11-09-2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 7368316)
I'm so excited I got my package today...all the way from Australia!! It's wrapped beautifully! Now to wait for December 6th!!

Sue, I am so pleased that my package to you has turned up, I haven't been on this thread for a few days and just saw your message scrolling through the pages. You will have to hide it so that you are not tempted, the 6th Dec. seems a bit away to have to be held in suspense. I hope you will like the contents.

Betty J 11-09-2015 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7368237)
Thanks, Red; I love those!

Does everyone remember the Betsy McCall paper dolls in each issue of McCalls magazine?

My Gran used to get the McCalls magazines when I was a child and I always allowed to have the Betsy McCall paper doll that was in them. I am not sure how she got an American magazine in Australia in the 1950's. I have a real Betsy McCall doll still in her box in my Doll collection.

RedGarnet222 11-09-2015 05:40 PM

Thanks for posting you mailed pbadder. I made note of it on the sent list.

Betty J !! Those are darling dolls, in pristine condition no less. How sweet. Thanks for sharing her with us. I just love it when you gals post on the thread to share. Please feel free to share with us while we are having out swap.

PLEASE make sure you let me know when you receive your package whether you know who sent it or not, okay? There have been fifteen sent and only seven received so far. Have your gotten yours yet?

RedGarnet222 11-09-2015 06:32 PM

Guess what I got to do today? I taught a shut-in quilter how to use her bernina embroidery module! It was a different model than either of mine, but,I was familiar enough with the bernina touch screen to be able to show her how. Isn't that cool?

We made two very cute embroidered images and she was so thrilled! I didn't know her before today, a mutual (non-sewing)friend had asked me to help her. I was there for about three hours and I think she felt confident enough to use it again. within the next couple days or so. Her little doggie LoVeD me... Dogs do. But, I am feeling it tonight. My allergies are not life threatening, but, miserable to say the least. The dog's name was taxi. How cute, huh? He is a little grey yorkie. Anyway, I had to drive home in the snow storm, but, I really had a good time.