Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

RedGarnet222 10-14-2015 07:01 AM

Hello and welcome to the swap nattoddboyd. You are swapper number 37 in the swap. Have fun and be creative!

Hi Quilty Louise! I think you might enjoy it. Let me know if you decide to play along with us and I will get you all signed up, okay?

Monale 10-14-2015 07:40 AM

This is fun! The only problem is to decide on ONE ornament... I'm having at least four options... Maybe once I know something about the recipient I will be better able to choose?

MizMelly 10-14-2015 09:11 AM

I plan on making at least 10 different ornaments and hoping at least one will be for the swap!! I want to buy a larger tree this year, and since I found out the hard way that glass ornaments and cats don't mix, I need more ornaments!! I don't mind if they steal the fabric ones, they are easy to rescue, but it's been 10 months since I had the tree up and I just found another glass ornament shard that the cats dug out from under the coffee table!!

Quilty-Louise 10-14-2015 09:44 AM

Yep this is why I have NOT put up a tree for OVER 17 years.
Always had a cat who thought if they climbed a tree that a
fire fighter would come rescue them. While up in the tree it
would always get toppled over unless it was "tied" to the wall.

Plus ALL the broken ornaments what a mess to have to clean up.

Originally Posted by MizMelly (Post 7345253)
I plan on making at least 10 different ornaments and hoping at least one will be for the swap!! I want to buy a larger tree this year, and since I found out the hard way that glass ornaments and cats don't mix, I need more ornaments!! I don't mind if they steal the fabric ones, they are easy to rescue, but it's been 10 months since I had the tree up and I just found another glass ornament shard that the cats dug out from under the coffee table!!

lawsonmugs 10-14-2015 12:48 PM

MizMelly, your avatar kitty looks like he is quite the little devil. Looks like a sneer on it's face and he's even or she is winking. Love your quote too.

Anoka Quilter 10-14-2015 01:51 PM

I must not have a normal cat because she is not even interested in the tree at all.

ctyankee 10-14-2015 02:47 PM

Arthur ignores the tree, too, but I have had cats who loved to play with the ornaments. I had one many, many years ago (back when I was in my 20s) who confiscated a teddy bear ornament from the tree & put the ribbon hanger in his mouth & walked around with it like that all day, every day. It was his ornament, & he wouldn't let it go! It was really adorable! Nobody took it away from him, either -- it was quite a sight to see! (Fortunately, it wasn't breakable!)

JuneBillie 10-14-2015 04:05 PM

The cat I use to have never bothered a tree either, and that surprised me. Now in the past I have had others that would be in the middle of it. lol...

So many options for pretty ornaments. It just puts a person in the Christmas Spirit thinking about them all. :)

RedGarnet222 10-14-2015 04:11 PM

Oh my what a story! How funny, his own little bear. How cute!
I have only had one cat and his name was Sampson. Everyone in the family had a story to tell about him. He was a real character, to say the least. He was fearless and chased dogs, kind to anyone who was blue and down, protected my mom by killing a snake and could tell time. Really! If you told him to come home by a certain time he was there. I swear it! He knew what you were saying and sometimes talked back. Although only a couple words I could understand. LOL! I honestly could write a book about the family stories about Sampson. Your little guy and his bear reminded me of when I brought home a little cat toy for him that looked like a vet with a shot in his hand. He tore the head off and threw it into the toilet. Honest!

immemother 10-14-2015 05:10 PM

As long as I give Tzar an ornament when the decorations come out he leaves the rest alone. Fake candles on the other hand are another story, he carries them around by the "flame" and I find them all over the place!