Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

ctyankee 10-14-2015 05:30 PM

Tzar sounds adorable, immemother! What kind of cat is he? He's apparently not a fan of plastic candles!

RedGarnet -- Sampson was obviously a sweetie, too. We have conversations with Arthur, the cat in my avatar. If you ask him a question, he will answer. Also, if he's out on the deck & you want him indoors, just tell him to come inside & he complies. He's more cooperative than the dog, who I swear has selective hearing.

And I don't understand people who don't like cats!

immemother 10-14-2015 05:47 PM

Tzar is a Russian Blue. He's the sweetest little thing, although he seems like ctyankee's dog - selective hearing!

Cats are without a doubt my favourite. I love the big ones and the little ones.

Nelco 10-14-2015 09:49 PM

Cats. I love them. between sister, niece, and me we have 6 indoor/outdoor cats and I also take care of 2 feral cats. they all wait for us to get up and start crying to be fed. What a morning. Can't even get 1st cup of coffee.

sewnsewer2 10-15-2015 04:16 AM

I have 6 cats from age 2 -5. They are good about my tree. Don't know about Harley (the 2 yr old). He's never seen a tree. Mine like to lay under it.

klaws 10-15-2015 04:52 AM

I think Lynnie's cat Zoey is a Russian Blue. She has all kind of stories about Zoey. :)

Quilty-Louise 10-15-2015 05:36 AM

I have decided to join the 2015 Ornament Swap again this year.
Sent in my info already.

I brought my "yo-yo" box to work with me along with some Christmas
fabrics so I can "play" around with some ideas as what to make this year.
Last couple years I made orny's that consisted of using yo-yos, but not
sure if I will use them again this year or try something different.

We will see.

Dedemac 10-15-2015 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My brother has two cats and hasn't put up a tree for a while. Since he usually hosts Christmas I am giving him the following as a present this year. It's about 12 by 13, just have to finish some decoration.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533436[/ATTACH]

Quilty-Louise 10-15-2015 07:05 AM

I guess I should mention again that I DO NOT put up a tree.

Even though I love ornaments, I prefer something fairly "flat"
so that I can put it on the wall.

MizMelly 10-15-2015 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7345408)
MizMelly, your avatar kitty looks like he is quite the little devil. Looks like a sneer on it's face and he's even or she is winking. Love your quote too.

That's my One-eyed Jack on top of the entertainment center. Yes, he's a little stinker, and his buddy Frankie is worse. Both of them have only one eye -- I rescued them from my feral population out back. Both had a bad ulcerated eye that was very expensive to have surgery to remove. But I like to joke that I have two cats with one eye so that means they have 20/20 vision!! Jack is 3 and Frankie is 2 and they are buds. I also have three older boys that are all 12 years old and they tolerate the two younger ones. But this past year, besides de-decking the tree every day while I was at work, Frankie decided right before New Years that the tree skirt needed a little extra something (he piddled on it). Good thing it was washable, but that ended having a tree skirt under the tree, and when I took the tree down, I discovered how many of the glass ornaments did not make it back into the box! I love my kitties, they keep me amused (most days that is). And I also have a semi-feral population that I care for. They hang out in my yard and on the patio.

RedGarnet222 10-15-2015 07:28 AM

Mornin" Everyone! I have you all signed into the swap Quilty-Louise. You are number 38 swapper.

I am really enjoying the stories about the animals. They are so special and have their own personalities. I bet some cat and dog ornaments show up on the pictures this year! How fun.

Dedemac, Love that tree for your brother. Very cute and so perfect.