Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

RedGarnet222 11-29-2015 10:26 AM

(rwquilts) "So, today instead of making gingerbread houses, I had a wild hare and we dipped, decorated and wrapped 127 pretzel rods! :) I am tired now and going to make a bit of dinner and not doing anything except watch tv for the rest of the evening. :)[/QUOTE]"

Pictures please! I was thinking of trying these. Do you dip them into caramel and then into the little candies?

June-Billie It is nice to have someone love your work, but, I am reluctant to become the maker of so many gifts for outside my family. Most people don't understand how long even coasters take to make.

SewExtremeSeams 11-29-2015 01:42 PM

Thank you for all of the very kind comments on my DH woodworking. I am extremely prejudice but I love his work also. Lynnie, he does not have a catalog. His prices are low but people haven't tended to purchase them at the two bazaars we have done. He is onto a new type of woodworking for bowls now. He is very excited to get started on them. I will have to post when he gets the new equipment and makes the bowls. We love hitting the quilting shops and wood stores when we travel.

Ctyankee, those reindeer are cute. My hubby had fun just giving those to kids that were shopping with their parents. The leftover pieces from cutting those out of the wood block my DH donated to the 'make it and take it' booth for the kids to decorate and glitter up. They loved them.

rwquilts 11-29-2015 08:11 PM

Red, this was my first year of dipping pretzel rods and it was a LOT of fun! We used a double boiler plus the microwave to melt chocolate chips in different flavors and colors...dipped the pretzels in them and used a cake decorating bag to pipe strings of contrasting chocolates...like white and milk chocolate...then I also sprinkled all different types of things to the chocolate...coconut, almonds, ground up peppermints, decorator sprinkles, etc. We used butterscotch chips instead of carmels...there are a bazillion possibilities! We still have a bunch to do, but got a great head start and hopefully the second time it won't be quite as messy? Ha ha!

lynnie 11-29-2015 09:37 PM

Linda, how much is a small jewelry box. I love quality made gifts.

klaws 11-30-2015 05:44 AM

Today is the last day to sign up for the December pincushion/needlecase swap. Please come and join us. We are a fun group.

lawsonmugs 11-30-2015 08:38 AM

Decembers pincushion swap is always a lot of fun. Doesn't take long to make a pincushion. Sign up and join us for the fun.

Anoka Quilter 11-30-2015 08:40 AM

SewExtremeSeams, your DH woodworking is very pretty. My husband is also a woodworker. It seems that DH's who are woodworkers and quilters go together.

RedGarnet222 11-30-2015 08:42 AM

ctyankee .. Your ornament is out for delivery today according to the us mail site.

MizMelly 11-30-2015 08:57 AM

I put up my Christmas tree yesterday and put out the SS box and the ornament package under it already. The anticipation is building.....!!!!

Y'all are making me jealous 'cause I'm still plugging away at the office instead of being home and doing wonderful crafts and baking for the holiday season!! Well, this is my VERY LAST YEAR of working for the MAN!! I can't wait!!!
(June 30th can't come too soon!!!)

Quilty-Louise 11-30-2015 11:05 AM

After spending a week being sick, and missing BOTH Thanksgiving
dinners (my family, and with my hubs mom & stepdad), I feel a
little lost and missing out on yummy leftover turkey :(.

Can hardly wait for opening day.

On another note, I ordered my (early) Christmas gift from the hubs
last Friday, and it will be delivered on Dec. 6. Can hardly wait to get
my shelving unit from Ikea so that I can get my fabric put on the shelves.

HERE is a link to the bookcase I bought. Yes I KNOW that I could
have gotten cheaper bookcases, but quite frankly I wanted to take more
advantage of the vaulted ceiling in my living room aka sewing room. At
93-1/4" tall this will help to use the height.