Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2016-open-enrollment-t281819.html)

CookieZenmilk 09-10-2016 03:19 PM

i finished my ornament today!

Quilty-Louise 09-10-2016 07:23 PM

Cookie see here I am <jumping up and down waving>

Not many here may not be aware of my "previous" history, but cookie
and I go wayyyyyyyyyy back to the days of cafemom when we was in
one of the same groups called quiltingmoms.

Cookie was an OUTSTANDING fabric post card swap hostess.

Originally Posted by CookieZenmilk (Post 7649769)
i finished my ornament today!

CookieZenmilk 09-10-2016 07:27 PM

thank you Quilty-Louise! We had a lot of fun with that!

RedGarnet222 09-11-2016 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7648716)
I looked through the ornament swap from last year. Good suggestion, BTW - - - turns out the idea I had is not a new one. Darn. ((no huge surprise, I guess. . . )). I've checked Pinterest for ideas too. Where do you look for ideas?

If I were you I would go over to the Peacemakers quilt shop! I love that place. LOL...

Seriously girls there is inspiration everywhere on the web. Maybe try pinterest or google ornaments and a few will show up. Also some of the fabric stores on line have cute patterns for sale. My favorite are the paper pieced ones. If you have an embroidery machine you could check the embroidery sites. Or maybe shabby chic on line for their cute patterns for christmas. I have seen a couple cute regular hand embroidered ones there.
How about going to a craft store and checking the ornament section out. It does say hand made but not necessarily hand sewn.

craftymatt2 09-11-2016 06:32 PM

sent a pm, i am in,, cannot wait

Anoka Quilter 09-12-2016 09:02 AM

Remember the ornaments do not need to be quilted, just handmade. In the past I have received quilted ones, knitted ones, felted ones, and a really original one made from wine corks.

I love pintrest for ideas. Also, I know that Red put up a lot of links last year with ideas for ornaments so you could always scroll through last years posts.

I am giving it a little time so people can sign up; but I too will be posting ideas to inspire people. I was going to wait till the first part of October to do this; however, maybe I should move that date up.

I have a few fun things planned to keep the group active and the conversation flowing once the sign-up closes. So for those of you who have signed up early here is a little enticement so you can start thinking about it.
1) Favorite Family Tradition
2) Favorite holiday recipe
3) Favorite holiday song
4) At least two contests. I have some fun holiday FQ's that are just waiting for a new home.

I saw something the other day on Face Book that Christmas is 15 weeks away....isn't that a scary thought! :shock:

sewbizgirl 09-12-2016 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 7651157)
I saw something the other day on Face Book that Christmas is 15 weeks away....isn't that a scary thought! :shock:

Yes it is! :D

I think I've found the ornaments I want to make, but I'm still looking at other ideas.

K-Roll 09-12-2016 10:41 AM

I am signing up for the first time...I have a good idea and inspiration from something I picked up in a thrift store...I will send pm.

immemother 09-12-2016 09:03 PM

I have a tradition that started 6 years ago when I moved into my own home, I have my Mum come stay on Christmas Eve, we have a delicious meal and then watch a different Christmas movie or TV show (DVD). Then on Christmas day we go to my brothers and sisters places for Mum to see the grand-daughters. Its a nice relaxing Christmas Eve before the rush of Christmas day!

m-fay 09-12-2016 11:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like there's at least 3 aussies in this swap. This will be my 2nd one. I have made a felt ornament of an australian wild flower (I did some last time too) and my daughter has made some felt elf shoes that I fell in love with. but if my partner has a special request....I'll endeavour to do that.[ATTACH=CONFIG]558133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]558134[/ATTACH]