Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/civil-war-block-swap-one-two-three-t195372.html)

jillnjo 07-26-2012 08:47 AM

I'm watching this thread and like what I see! I may hop in, but have plenty going on. I'd have the fabrics I need after making my FWife quilt. I stashed the leftovers all away! Love CW themes.

QuilterMomma 07-26-2012 09:11 AM

Oh that would be so cool for you to join jillnjo. There is some time to get them made. may I twist your arm just a little bit, push you off a fence, or just give you those big sad puppy dog eyes that are just pleading with the prettiest of pleases, or is it a grandchild look with adorable big eyes, innocent face, and big gracious smile while saying pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

islandwiz1 07-26-2012 12:22 PM

Deb, no one asked why you said not to do the double T block when your tired. Care to tell us why????????????

oksewglad 07-26-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5396071)
I'm watching this thread and like what I see! I may hop in, but have plenty going on. I'd have the fabrics I need after making my FWife quilt. I stashed the leftovers all away! Love CW themes.

Oh give it a whirl, N. I don't think they will take long to piece. I found cutting the pieces to be the most time consuming! Join us. G

rwquilts 07-27-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5394852)
Just put the last stitches on the first of my Double T blocks with rwquilts instructions. Thanks again Ronda.

You are very welcome. Wow! You're much further ahead than me. Guess I best get going...I am on my 3rd T block...will finish those and then have to wait for my other fabrics to come to sew my other blocks...

Deb watkins 07-27-2012 10:27 AM

I am busy getting my blocks cut as well. Fall seems to be the perfect time for CW quilts!!

QuilterMomma 07-27-2012 10:30 AM

Yes, yes it does. In fact, I had another scrap/planned nine patch variation I finished the blocks up for. This will be the fourth quilt with these "leftovers/UFO" squares. I am very glad will be done. Then I will get my blocks sewn up and in mail to you. I have not been able to work on them since I cut them all out the beginning of the week.

Whigrose 07-28-2012 05:30 AM

jillnjo, you and I are thinking the same thoughts. I would love to hop in on this one but I need to be honest in my time assessment - I have a couple of big events coming up that I need to prepare for.

But, I keep watching.

best,
d
QUOTE=jillnjo;5396071]I'm watching this thread and like what I see! I may hop in, but have plenty going on. I'd have the fabrics I need after making my FWife quilt. I stashed the leftovers all away! Love CW themes.[/QUOTE]

Deb watkins 07-28-2012 05:43 AM

They aren't due till October.......make 4 blocks of one pattern, give it a rest.....then make the next 4...give it a rest.....make the last........it really won't take that much time!

Whigrose 07-28-2012 05:59 AM

Why Deb, you little enabler, you :-)

best,
d

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5400344)
They aren't due till October.......make 4 blocks of one pattern, give it a rest.....then make the next 4...give it a rest.....make the last........it really won't take that much time!