Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed for sign ups -Churn Dash is churning out Spring! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-sign-ups-churn-dash-churning-out-spring-t174316.html)

Kitsapquilter 01-03-2012 09:34 PM

This sounds like an easy enough block for me to do. I am in for this swap. I know I have spring time fabrics in my very large stash. I will PM you with my other info.

sharon b 01-04-2012 04:17 AM

Anna- LOL No really I have had this fabric for a couple years for this block ( well not this specific one) I saw another member do it with a focus fabric and it was so neat , but then you know how it goes .... never find time to get it done ... I love the extra stitching Deb did on the side of the block to fancy up the focus border fabric :thumbup:

Deb did you put a stabilzer behind the border before adding the stitching ?

Deb watkins 01-04-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 4839861)
Sharon, you and Deb sure make it tempting to join. I loved the Dresden swaps and Deb's coordination of them. Sigh some people are so well prepared. I need to see what I can do.

Aww, Anna, we had a nice Dresden swap despite the threads that kept coming unraveled. Lots of time to make these blocks, and they are so much easier than the Dresdens. ANYTHING that says spring to you - birdhouses, crickets, flowers, honey bees......can jazz up the frame as I did, applique', WHATEVER!!!

Deb watkins 01-04-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4840258)
Anna- LOL No really I have had this fabric for a couple years for this block ( well not this specific one) I saw another member do it with a focus fabric and it was so neat , but then you know how it goes .... never find time to get it done ... I love the extra stitching Deb did on the side of the block to fancy up the focus border fabric :thumbup:

Deb did you put a stabilzer behind the border before adding the stitching ?

Believe it or not ( you SHOULD trust me) no stabilizer. Just the fancy stitch on the Janome. And none on the butterfly either. Just slow and steady did the trick.

sharon b 01-04-2012 09:03 PM

Will have to see what stitches I might come up with that will match the birds and make it fancy like yours :thumbup:

sew1096 01-04-2012 11:03 PM

A quick question to see if I understand this. We send in 12 identical blocks per set and receive 12 mixed blocks back or identical?

sharon b 01-05-2012 04:27 AM

Sew1096- you send in 12 identical blocks and get one of yours and 11 different blocks back, one from 11 different members that sign up - does that make sense ?

Lori Peercy 01-05-2012 06:56 AM

Do they all need to be identical or can just the focal fabric be the same?

Krisb 01-05-2012 08:57 AM

I'm in. It's so much fun learn new blocks and maybe new techniques. Oh, but this one makes me wish I had an embroidery machine. Deep West of Ireland sigh.

Deb watkins 01-05-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 4844115)
Do they all need to be identical or can just the focal fabric be the same?

All 12 blocks need to be identical.