Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed for sign ups -Churn Dash is churning out Spring! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-sign-ups-churn-dash-churning-out-spring-t174316.html)

Deb watkins 01-24-2012 05:38 PM

Dori....That is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Do you need my addy or still have it from last time. Don't need to mail for several weeks yet...blocks aren't due till March 31.

SheriR 01-24-2012 05:41 PM

LOLOL Deb...you made me LOLIRL...laugh out loud in real life.... I promised myself I wouldn't do as many as I did last time. I really had Dresden on the brain. In fact, I think I'm going to make my MIL a larger scrappy Dresden for her birthday coming up...OH I BETTER GET BUSY...

Dori, your block is sooo pretty, it reminds me of mom... =)

DoriDeS 01-24-2012 08:50 PM

Deb I do still have your addy :o) Haven't made it to town to mail lolol I have so many wips that I had to get them done so that I wouldn't have to worry about forgeting to do them lololol That silly Sheri keeps getting me started on new projects swaps, mystry quilts and block swaps lolol way glad she did lolol

SheriR, It is like mom huh pretty and your pretty like mom too :o) xoxo

Deb watkins 01-26-2012 06:01 PM

Block are not due till March 31. Lots of time.

Lady_Paquette 01-27-2012 03:24 PM

Dori that is a beautiful block. Im not one for so much pink tones but that is sooooooo pretty.

islandwiz1 01-27-2012 06:48 PM

Deb, please add me also to this group. I enjoyed your dresden swap so much. Have lots of flower fabrics, now only to decide which to use.

Carolyn islandwiz1

sew1096 01-29-2012 10:49 PM

I'm still debating on joining. I've been looking through my fabrics and haven't found just what I want. I have a grouping set out that is spring colors but doesn't really have a spring "theme" fabric and it just doesn't satisfy me. I'm still looking though and may find something yet.

Mainewoods Mammie 01-30-2012 06:20 AM

Hi Deb, I would like to join this swap,count me in. Sounds like a fun swap, will try one set for now, maybe will go to two. It's hard to decide--have to make a choice and get busy. Thanks.

Deb watkins 01-30-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sew1096 (Post 4924140)
I'm still debating on joining. I've been looking through my fabrics and haven't found just what I want. I have a grouping set out that is spring colors but doesn't really have a spring "theme" fabric and it just doesn't satisfy me. I'm still looking though and may find something yet.

It is whatever says spring to you. It may be a burst of batik oranges or yellows (put a little store bought lady bug or butterfly applique'). It doesn't have to be flowers. Maybe it is plain background and you make your own daisies, or cone flowers or a couple spring (?) of ferns. Could be (ugh those dreaded Dresdens) small dresden quarters in the corners....like Grandmothers Fan...or hahaha.....a baby duck with an umbrella.....

QuilterMomma 01-30-2012 03:28 PM

Oh, that is interesting. I was with the sew1096. Just did not have a spring theme fabric to put together. So as long as the center of the block says spring with springy kind of fabric for the borders and corners, then it will work and that all 12 are the same? Because I have a beautiful floral applique that would lovely on a soft yellow background with a darker yellow and possible yellow green. That would work? I am still watching, just seeing what will work from stash.