Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-summer-merrygoround-block-swap-t184615.html)

SheriR 07-06-2012 01:45 PM

Oh ladies!! I think these blocks are so cute. Thanks again to all of you who sent strips, it will be fun to see how my idea turns out to use them for sashing. I'm excited to sew them up into a nice quilt.

Deb, thank you for this fun swap. Hope your vacation is WONDERFUL!!!

<3 SheriR

Evie 07-06-2012 02:56 PM

Oh, yummy! I received my beautifuly blocks today. This was my first swap and I think I won't be so shy in joining another with blocks that interest me. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to put them together, although, being the procrastinator that I am, I'm not sure when that will happen! :rolleyes:

And who is that special person who included that cute little key block? It is precious! Thank you very much.

Deb, I hope you're having a great vacation. Thanks for hosting this swap and allowing me to participate.

Evie

urgodschild2 07-06-2012 05:11 PM

This is the first time I have done this type of swap and I love it. I got my squares today and I love all o fthem.
Thank you to Fraew (it is perfect), Quilter Momma (2), krisb, Carolyn Grady, Sheri R (2) Quilter824 and Evie. I also had two with no names but thank you so much. I didn't put names on mine either but for the next one I know to do that. LOL.
Deb----No yen?????? Did you get it traded in????
I hope to have this one put together and I can't wait to see Sherri's with the strips as the sashing. I think that will be a really great cute quilt. I hope Fall gets here soon.
Have a great vacation Debbie.

Barb

urgodschild2 07-06-2012 05:12 PM

Oh I forgot. Sherri the key chain is so adorable. I would love to have the pattern as it would make cute little gifts for my quilt class for DEC. Thank you very much.

Deb watkins 07-06-2012 05:40 PM

Barb, I totally forgot about your generous offer to exchange the yen. If you will pm me with your addy - I will send it . Ladies - took the metro to the Smithsonian - my oh my......but since this thread is supposed to be about quilting - I shall save all of my stories for another time. Just let me say - driving in DC is NOT pleasant. I had many welcoming me to the city by using the greeting of their finger that I WAS NUMBER 1! Now as for the wool applique'...nice thought, wool can be expensive, though I have found something similar (not felt) that works just as well. It feels like wool but I don't think it really is. Maybe I will have this as only a 6 block swap - with the wool or similar - and they could be used as a wall hanging instead of quilt per se'.........for example......you make three leaves AND three pumpkin blocks. I send one of each back to you with two other leaves and two other pumpkin blocks. You could get three separate wall hangings out of this - either by putting the together vertically or horizontally. Hmmmm......what do you think of that idea?

urgodschild2 07-06-2012 05:51 PM

Well I don't do wall hangings and I don't care for wool stuff so I would pass on this. But Iam sure there would be lots of others interested. PM'ing my add to you Deb

sharon b 07-06-2012 07:16 PM

Well don't count yourself out yet- Deb is trying to think of the next block while on vacation :)

Deb - isn't the way some drive amazing - Have a SAFE trip :thumbup:

Annaquilts 07-07-2012 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5332100)
- I just can't sit still. Oh - and a few bottles of white and red wine as well as some Smirnoff red label.

You are funny! I would be out cold on the couch in my studio after just 1/2 glass of wine and I am no light weight by any means. LOL Smirnoff too heh?

Annaquilts 07-07-2012 05:59 AM

So is some one going to post pictures? I would love to see all of them together.

DoriDeS 07-07-2012 06:20 AM

Oh I am so waiting for my blocks hoping they are in the mail when I get home from work today....that silly sister SheriR of mine sent me a picture of hers last night and now I am so excited to get mine hurry clock so that I can go home.....pumkin blocks would be fun yes yes yes :o)