Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-summer-merrygoround-block-swap-t184615.html)

urgodschild2 07-09-2012 04:47 PM

I love Fall and the civil war theme. Wow that would be so much fun. I would do both.

Annaquilts 07-09-2012 07:55 PM

I am definitely interested in pieced civil war fabric blocks above pumpkins. I did not used to be into civil war but over the years have grown to love them. Civil war scrappy quilts look awesome.

SheriR 07-09-2012 09:07 PM

Civil War and pumpkins...very interesting. It makes me think of Icabod Crain ... did i spell that right? I'm in!!

Deb watkins 07-10-2012 05:10 PM

I, too, am leaning towards Civil War theme. I will look at the blocks avail and then decide how I want to present this. I will still have 12 blocks, but may have either a set of three blocks or four blocks each - that would give us a nice variety......have to think of this. I am getting excited about this as well!

QuilterMomma 07-11-2012 09:46 AM

If you are really asking, I would like to do the Civil War fabrics theme/Kansas Troubles fabric which are in the Civil War values. I have lots of those. I like the idea of doing a couple different blocks to go together. Make them similar though so we don't have so many different sizes of pieces that make it difficult to trade fabric from one block type to the other. I hope you know what I mean. I am only putting in two dollars here, (cents is so cheap lol).

Deb watkins 07-11-2012 06:18 PM

When I get to Colonial Williamsburg, I will look up some of the quilt blocks. I think that i have decided on a 12 block swap, but we make 4 different blocks - three of each, or maybe 3 different blocks - 4 of each (I can see a swapping nighmare coming along). I think this will be doable.

sharon b 07-12-2012 11:16 AM

Deb sounds like a plan - Will keep watching for updates :) You know I love your swaps and the way they make me stretch :thumbup:

QuilterMomma 07-12-2012 02:36 PM

Stretching is good

Deb watkins 07-12-2012 05:23 PM

It is so nice to have some positive feedback on an upcoming swap idea. I am especially glad to have Sharon on board - not only as a Moderator, but as a repeat swapper! I do try to make the swaps a bit more challenging than the last one, but I think that all of you who have been with me for the last few would agree that it is just a natural progression of a skill you have. Actually, I am going to People, Places and Quilts in Summerville, SC tomorrow (Friday) as I have contacted the store owner with the CW swap idea. She is excited to have me come and offer suggestions as to what we can use. She has not only the fabric, but books and block ideas. I will keep the blocks the same size - 12.5 unfinished, and decide which ones I want to use. I would like the blocks to all go together....if you know what I mean.....(just for Quiltermomma) though I must confess that I am not familiar with KC fabrics - go figure on that.....hahaha

QuilterMomma 07-13-2012 03:12 PM

Go to www.buggybarnquilts.com/ and take a look at their fabric lines. They use several Kansas Troubles fabric in their stock. I can always purchase some civil war fabric if need be, I get a teacher discount at the LQS and get the "gray" civil war fabric. My churn dash quilt in the UFO challenge is made of Kansas Troubles fabric. This will be fun. I am in on the civil war fabric swap.