Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-summer-merrygoround-block-swap-t184615.html)

Annaquilts 07-14-2012 10:44 AM

I can't wait for this new swap to open. I hope you count me as a repeat swapper too eventhough I missed the last one. Right now Quiltermomma and many others are in a swap that the leader has dissapeared so the swap can not complete for now and our blocks are tied up. I am a little swap shy but know this would never happen with Deb and any swap she sets up. I am super excited to see with what ideas for a civil war swap you come back Deb.

SheriR 07-14-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5364259)
I can't wait for this new swap to open. I hope you count me as a repeat swapper too eventhough I missed the last one. Right now Quiltermomma and many others are in a swap that the leader has dissapeared so the swap can not complete for now and our blocks are tied up. I am a little swap shy but know this would never happen with Deb and any swap she sets up. I am super excited to see with what ideas for a civil war swap you come back Deb.

I think I'm in that swap with you Anna. I did two sets and LOVED them.... I'm still hoping for the best. I'm also excited about Deb's swap. She's on a mission now to find us a great project!!!

Deb watkins 07-14-2012 06:25 PM

Well, I made it to the Quilt store = she gave me some great advice. QM - I think the Moda fabric is the Kansas Troubles line - I have used them before - guess I didn't really pay much attention other than it was Moda. I bought 6 different fabrics - will post them Saturday after I get settled in to the Lancaster hotel. (yeah ..... I know.... more fabric shucks -) I have decided to..........wait - I should probably start another thread.......I have to let Patrice know that I am yet again hosting another swap. I think this one will be popular - theme wise - so I am going to allow more time for sign up and finishing. Yeah, ya'll just have to wait a bit.....

SheriR 07-14-2012 07:16 PM

OMGOSH Deb how can you tease us like that!!! LoL I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation!!

Deb watkins 07-14-2012 07:25 PM

well, ya'll must love my teasing cuz ya'll just hang around and bug the snot out of me to host another one....not that I am full of snot.....my eyes are brown......if ya'll understand that. And I am so sad that another host has left you with threads hanging.....I know how much all of you love to block swap.

sharon b 07-15-2012 06:34 AM

Here it is Sunday morning and I am still hanging around waiting to hear what the next swap will be ***tap***tap****tap..... hhhmmmmmm***tap ****tap****tap..... guess I better find something else to do besides sit here and wait ......hhhhhmmmmmm

LOL :)

islandwiz1 07-15-2012 12:28 PM

Sharon b, I'll wait with you. I just love Deb's swaps!
Carolyn

sharon b 07-15-2012 06:37 PM

Islandwiz1-looks like we might have a bit of a wait in front of us ..... hhhmmmmmm.... guess it is a good thing I got a job and will now have things to keep me busy during the day , instead of sitting here waiting :)

Annaquilts 07-16-2012 07:06 AM

Well in the mean time I can play with fabrics and find some that might be appropriate for this swap.

Deb watkins 07-16-2012 09:06 AM

All I will say is that it WILL be Civil War theme.....so look for your muted, darker colors, smaller prints or CW reproduction printed fabric...I guess that being said, this swap may tend to be a little more 'higher end' swap. I have 7 fabrics already bought, and will look at more today in Lancaster. I hope I can figure out how to post the pics,and I will show you the fabrics that I am using - just to give everyone a sense of what I wish. Those of you who are familiar with CW will have no problem in selecting fabric. Well - finishing my coffee and off to the fabric stores!