Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   (Corrected) - Scrappy & White 9 Patch Blocks -- Signup Closes January 31st 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/corrected-scrappy-white-9-patch-blocks-signup-closes-january-31st-2019-a-t302295.html)

sunrise450 02-28-2019 05:39 AM

A Christmas swap sounds good to me. I was wondering about a swap using only four colors and 5 whites. I can't send a photo, I used to but no more. I take my photos using my iPad but for some reason that doesn't work anymore. Is there anyone here that also has an iPad to take photos and posts them here? I hope I'm making sense!
I can take photos just can't send them.

Jordan 02-28-2019 08:00 AM

I will go along with whatever anyone else wants in a new swap. I agree with "queenbarbiej" with the swap being RWB or autumn colors. That sounds like fun but so does the Christmas 9-patch. Oh....whatever the majority is I just loved this swap so any one would be fun. Thank you so much Honchey and thank goodness you found that extra baggie!!:)

Honchey 02-28-2019 08:58 AM

I've put together 3 RWB and I'm tired of it... My stitchers group does a lot with donating quilts. We could also do a combination of 2 different ones let's say 5 blocks each. That may not be enough blocks to do anything with unless we gather a bunch of swappers. if we have a minimum of ten sets we would end up with 50 blocks of each kind with 10 swappers. I could start the notice April 1st (no April Fool's please) with sign ups ending April 16th and have the blocks to me ??? It seems like you all are anxious to do this again..
I'm very flexible as when I return home I'll only be working one or two days a week.. I have a specific quilt I'd like to do and either type of block would work.

Keep up the conversations and the energy going.
H.

trish b 02-28-2019 01:01 PM

I would like to do a Christmas blocks swap. I also have lots of Halloween fabrics. We could do one of each.

Queenbarbiej 02-28-2019 01:08 PM

I will go along with a Christmas nine patch. Would we use plain white or a combination of whites, creams, tans and beiges? I'd go for cream, beige or tan. I'm not into white.

Honchey 03-01-2019 06:20 AM

What do you think of having the 4 squares scrappy but within the Christmas theme. No bright whites no med/beige or tan..keeping the shades on the light/ med llight/ beige/tan, marbled spectrum. Maybe if you would show a pic of the neutrals so we could see the shades of the neutrals you would want to use. Then we all could decide what not to use.. I mention this because although the blocks have scrappy neutrals what about when they go into a quilt. What to use for squares if it's the Irish Chain or other quilts where you need a background or sashing?

Queenbarbiej 03-01-2019 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my 9 patches today. This is what I have done so far [ATTACH=CONFIG]609534[/ATTACH]
I turn the blocks into bigger 9 patches and add a row on the right and on the bottom. I still have to sew the larger 9 patches together. Then sew the side and bottom strips on. With out borders it will measure 60"x76" finished.

Honchey 03-02-2019 02:49 AM

Oh thanks for posting the photo QB I have a big smile on my face !!! They all look so pretty!

jaba 03-02-2019 04:33 AM

Received mine also but haven’t had a chance to take them out of the bag yet. Will check them out this weekend for sure. Thanks for swapping ladies

Jordan 03-02-2019 06:11 AM

Your layout looks so nice but how did you make the 9 patches bigger? With the borders you plan on putting on that will be a nice size quilt. Thanks for sharing your pic. I didn't get the mail yesterday so maybe there is a surprise waiting for me in the mailbox. :)