Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   (Corrected) - Scrappy & White 9 Patch Blocks -- Signup Closes January 31st 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/corrected-scrappy-white-9-patch-blocks-signup-closes-january-31st-2019-a-t302295.html)

sunrise450 02-22-2019 07:49 AM

Honchey, Did you receive my package yet? By my count you should have received it yesterday. So glad you are being so lenient, I for one really appreciate it. For some reason I couldn't seem to get my act together. When I thought I was finished and just had to check them, I found so many were off a quarter of an inch. I found that I couldn't fix the mistake, my whites were not the correct size and had to be replaced.

Honchey 02-22-2019 09:34 PM

Yes, Sunrise, I received yours and JT's yesterday. Sorry about the abbreviations ladies, I hope no one is offended..
I'm just waiting for one more and that is supposed to arrive on Monday..Then the fun for me begins. :)

youngduncan 02-26-2019 04:37 AM

I hope those of you who were ailing are better now. The nursing home I visit on Sunday mornings is having a tough time with flu this year -- we are required to wear face masks when we go in, just as all of the staff are having to do. It makes singing hymns a bit unusual, to say the least! I had a shot this year and so far have been very lucky.

After I finished with the nine-patches, I decided to clear out and clean out my sewing room and redo it. I've found quite a few things that sank below the surface a while back. It's like opening packages at Christmas: I've rediscovered fabric and patterns I had totally forgotten. Of course, during the course of the clear out, I've also misplaced my pelican bill scissors, the ones I have depend on to trim close to seams without doing harm. My favorite ruler seems to be hiding, too. Hopefully everything will be back in its proper place soon.

I replaced a wall of cabinets with a wall of bookcases so finding fabrics will be easier in the future. I've also replaced a few boxes with mesh baskets so I can tell more easily what's inside. Again, I've found charm packs and jelly rolls I had forgotten about.

All of my finished quilt tops have been taken out of their boxes and hung on padded hangers in the closet. I didn't realize that I had so many to finish!. I really do love the cutting and piecing, but the quilting itself is another story. I'm making myself quilt things because I don't want to spend the money to have them done. Think of all the fabric I could buy with quilting fees!!

I have a pile of 6 1/2" squares cut and waiting for my package of goodies to arrive. I've never done an Irish chain before, so I am really looking forward to doing my first one. There are only two quilt tops to finish before I can start on this new one.

Everyone have a great day -- and stay well or get better soon, whichever applies.

Bill

terriamn 02-26-2019 03:52 PM

Honchey I hope you have received my blocks.

Honchey 02-26-2019 07:45 PM

Yes Terriamn I have received it.. I have swapped all the blocks. Those of you that sent 10 sets will have duplicates of others not your own, there was no way around it.. Of the 10 swappers 6 of you sent the 10 sets, others sent less so it couldn't be an even swap all around. I hope you don't mind not getting your own back. They will be in the mail tomorrow morning. By the way, I didn't examine the blocks. I am not the QP. I just hope you are allokay with that.

All in all I enjoyed doing this swap and wouldn't mind doing it again in the future. If any of you have suggestions as to what type of combination I am all ears. I would like to do it starting the end of May with a closing of mid June and to me by the middle of July or earlier. Let me know what you think.
Honchey

Jordan 02-27-2019 05:19 AM

I would love to do another swap with you. What about using Christmas fabric and making bow tie blocks of some size or Christmas fabrics in another 9-patch block. Or another suggestions would be to make blocks pertaining to Halloween using Halloween fabrics. Thank you very much for hosting this swap.

Queenbarbiej 02-27-2019 07:01 AM

We could do red, white and blue or autumn colors (rust, burgundy, orange, gold and brown) with maybe with a cream or beige instead of white.

Honchey 02-27-2019 07:11 AM

Hi Everyone, I am off to the post office in a half hour.

I would love to do a Christmas 9 patch using a 5 scrappies and 4 neutrals. Having the neutrals being light ones.

But I will agree to whatever the majority wants to do. So let me know. Suggestions please.

H.

Cheesehead 02-27-2019 09:58 AM

Christmas scrappies sound great!

Honchey 02-27-2019 07:28 PM

Hi Everyone, I just PM'd the tracking #'s .. Trish, Jordan and QB have arrivals by Saturday and the rest have a Friday arrival date.

Yay, I feel like my job is done..

I have to tell you a story. I had all the baggies swapped and I didn't make a pile for me. I just thought I would have what was left over.. Well, after all that I only had 3 baggies..I looked high and low and then said to myself " I have to do the swap over" cringingly I got all the envelopes on the table then counted them.. I made an extra envelope with no name on it... I felt so much better after that!

Being that I didn't "pet" the blocks how about some photos of the swapped ones..I think we would all love to see them.

H.