Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dates Changed - 10.5" Layer Cake Squares Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dates-changed-10-5-layer-cake-squares-swap-t302662.html)

redstilettos 02-04-2019 09:36 AM

Okay so far I believe we have:

Queenbarbie
Moonrise
Sunrise (always kills me we get the sunrise after the moonrise....get it? Okay, I know...am a nerd) LOL
zozee
Kwyltaholic
Batik54
Redstilettos

I'm not certain if Marietta, Givio, and Dieldorffdaisies are joining or ??

As for the fabric questions: Each baggie needs to have different pattern fabrics in it. If you are swapping more than one Set (i.e. what is all in the baggie) each Set can be the same or different. Does that help?

Not quite sure how to respond to the slight foldover in the ziplocks. I wish I could get a hold of the quilter who did this swap years ago and find out what they were doing.

Once I have a concrete list I will pm with my mailing info :)

MaryMo 02-05-2019 11:10 AM

I'm guessing that I didn't send you my information since my name is not on the list, Red. I'm hoping I can still join with six baggies of twelve 10 1/2" squares.

If I remember from past swaps, squares were folded over. The squares I found in a baggie were folder over somewhere in the middle (not in half exactly but folded over as a group). Hope that helps . . .

marietta 02-05-2019 03:31 PM

Sorry Red, I'm in ...just not sure how many sets yet. What info do I pm to you?

moonrise 02-05-2019 06:12 PM

Mine are ready to mail. Just need to double-check the address when you get a chance. :)

dieldoffaisies 02-06-2019 05:48 AM

I'm in! I'll probably do 2 sets.

redstilettos 02-06-2019 09:30 AM

No need to pm me. Just need to know how many we have :)

Annaquilts 02-09-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8205311)
Okay so far I believe we have:

Queenbarbie
Moonrise
Sunrise (always kills me we get the sunrise after the moonrise....get it? Okay, I know...am a nerd) LOL
zozee
Kwyltaholic
Batik54
Redstilettos

I'm not certain if Marietta, Givio, and Dieldorffdaisies are joining or ??

As for the fabric questions: Each baggie needs to have different pattern fabrics in it. If you are swapping more than one Set (i.e. what is all in the baggie) each Set can be the same or different. Does that help?

Not quite sure how to respond to the slight foldover in the ziplocks. I wish I could get a hold of the quilter who did this swap years ago and find out what they were doing.

Once I have a concrete list I will pm with my mailing info :)

I did this previously and it might be that you need a different brand name baggie. For some reason I think I had to buy the ones with a zipper type closure.

peaceandjoy 02-09-2019 06:54 PM

Just saw this swap and would like to participate. I haven't done many swaps lately and would like to get back into it.

I'm going to go with six sets of 12 different fabrics this time around, so one full envelope.

Will pull fabrics and start cutting tomorrow!

Robin

zozee 02-10-2019 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
11 + 1 Wild Child

I signed up to send 6 sets of layer cakes.

For my 12 fabrics, I decided to cut 11 identical sets of fabric, plus 1 fabric I'm calling a Wild Child. The Wild Child is unique to each set--only one of its kind. Hope you like all 12 coming your way!

Do you have a favorite "child" among these pictured? Just curious what your tastes are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608234[/ATTACH]

zozee 02-10-2019 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops! Good thing I took a picture. When I counted these "wild child" fabrics on the screen, I realized there were only 5, not 6. Apparently I was absent the day the kindergarten teacher taught counting.

Here's a picture featuring the correct number of Wild Child fabrics.

Again, I'd love to know which of the 12 is your favorite.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608237[/ATTACH]