Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dear-jane-christmas-block-swap-closed-t23731.html)

sharon b 09-29-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by sharon b
Spirit of Winter would still include, snowflakes and snowmen correct ? And the colors sound good to me ! :lol:

yes, thats a winter theme, just no christmas tree's, santa, that kinda thing.

just try to stay away from things that is christian related.

anything snow is ok, snow is religion neutral.

LOL.. Until you have it up to your ears and more coming :twisted:

NorBanaquilts 09-29-2009 05:41 PM

Klue-Will you put me down for M12 for the blue swap

kosmos 09-29-2009 06:12 PM

Tomorrow I well have my head examined but tonight I would like to sign up for E-1 if available.
Like blue and white.

tuesy 09-29-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by kosmos
Tomorrow I well have my head examined but tonight I would like to sign up for E-1 if available.
Like blue and white.

:lol: kosmos...I might be seeing you tomorrow then... :lol:

sharon b 09-29-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

Originally Posted by kosmos
Like blue and white.

:lol: kosmos...I might be seeing you tomorrow then... :lol:

Boy those people with the lil white coats sure are going to be busy :roll: :wink: :lol:

bearisgray 09-29-2009 07:02 PM

[quote=kluedesigns]the book is really bad for learning to make a jane quilt.

the book is more of a day journal about brenda, the lady who wrote the book.

if you like reading blogs/journals then you might like the book but if you're looking for help in constructing a jane quilt, your best bet is the software.

The book is of absolutely NO help in "how-to" do the blocks.

SOME of the drawings are fairly accurate. Quite a few of them are the author's interpretation of the blocks.

wvdek 09-29-2009 07:05 PM

ok so I will also have my head examined this weekend if the men in white coats don't come first.
Put me down for the Winter theme.
Sounds great and I will let you know about the block's soon.

bearisgray 09-29-2009 07:08 PM

the book is really bad for learning to make a jane quilt.

if you like reading blogs/journals then you might like the book but if you're looking for help in constructing a jane quilt, your best bet is the software.

Klue is right - the book has NO DIRECTIONS WHATSOEVER in "how-to" assemble the blocks.

Some of the drawings seem to be accurate depictions of the blocks.

wvdek 09-29-2009 07:56 PM

Ok klue I will take I-8 and G-4 if not taken already. Eighteen of each is that correct?

kluedesigns 09-29-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray

the book is really bad for learning to make a jane quilt.

Klue is right - the book has NO DIRECTIONS WHATSOEVER in "how-to" assemble the blocks.

Some of the drawings seem to be accurate depictions of the blocks.

the blocks that brenda took license with in the book have been made accurate to jane in the software.

those blocks have 2 variations brenda's and jane's in the software plus there are other variations that have become popular amongst the janiac's over the years.