Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dear-jane-christmas-block-swap-closed-t23731.html)

buddy'smom 11-06-2009 03:38 PM

I agree, they look great!!!

STAR 11-06-2009 06:29 PM

Thanx everyone :mrgreen: They are in the mail so there is no stopping now!!

And a BIG THANX to Klue for all her help!

Alaskan lady 11-07-2009 06:49 AM

Good job Star! My sets also went out in the mail yesterday morning.
Klue, how many sets are you expecting with this swap?

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady

it was 90+ sets but i think a lot of people have decided not to be a part of the swap.

i think we'll reach high 60s low 70s

Rhonda 11-07-2009 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady

it was 90+ sets but i think a lot of people have decided not to be a part of the swap.

i think we'll reach high 60s low 70s

I ran myself into a corner time wise. I will have 2 of my 3 sets but I doubt I will have time to do the third one.We will see. I have until about 4 pm on Monday before I will have to get them up to the post office.

I ended up getting some orders I hadn't planned on and had to take time to do those first. And I ended up doing a second Doll Quilt. I had offered and then Chele didn't need me and then Moosegirl wanted to do one so I agreed to do another. Takes time to do them. Oh well I am doing as much as I have time for.

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 09:01 AM

i wouldn't worry about it too much rhonda we still have a lot of people involved and many blocks to choose from.

things always seem to come up and at least you were able to do a couple of sets.

Iluv2quilt 11-07-2009 09:28 AM

suzic

thank you so much for the red velvet snowflake fabric.

my niece is gonna go thru the roof. i email her a pic and then she called me and was jumping up and down screaming - did i tell you she's only 5 years old.

she can't wait to come over and make christmas handbags for her mom, both grandmothers, and herself (of course).

i also received a bunch of lace trim from another forum member and she wants to use that as the straps for the handbags.

i'll make sure to post pics for you to see.

she just loves making matching handbags for everyone.

thank you so much you've really made her day.

I am so happy that your neice loves it!! Even tho it wasn't cotton, I thought of you when I saw it! I can't wait to see the handbags she makes!! :D

I'm so glad my blocks got to you safely - I insured them for $100 haha, not near enough to make me do all of them again LOL. Do they look okay?

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46

suzic

thank you so much for the red velvet snowflake fabric.

my niece is gonna go thru the roof. i email her a pic and then she called me and was jumping up and down screaming - did i tell you she's only 5 years old.

she can't wait to come over and make christmas handbags for her mom, both grandmothers, and herself (of course).

i also received a bunch of lace trim from another forum member and she wants to use that as the straps for the handbags.

i'll make sure to post pics for you to see.

she just loves making matching handbags for everyone.

thank you so much you've really made her day.

I am so happy that your neice loves it!! Even tho it wasn't cotton, I thought of you when I saw it! I can't wait to see the handbags she makes!! :D

I'm so glad my blocks got to you safely - I insured them for $100 haha, not near enough to make me do all of them again LOL. Do they look okay?

the blocks look great, everyone is going to love them and worth way more than $100.

i'm not a quilt purist - i love working with all kinds of fabric. i happen to have some gold, green, red striped fabric thats home dec and its going to look great. i've already set everything aside for her.

she's coming for the weekend before thanksgiving so my SIL can spend the weekend getting ready for the holiday.

Iluv2quilt 11-07-2009 10:06 AM

I had a feeling you weren't just working with cotton :D ! I'm just very happy you can use it. Going shopping now - ttyl :D

kluedesigns 11-07-2009 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's my 4th set. its I8