Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December fq swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-fq-swap-t207177.html)

sustraley 12-18-2012 03:56 PM

Jaba she is just adorable. Love the little toes.

MaryMo 12-18-2012 04:19 PM

kiffie, your FQs are fabulous, especially those snowmen. Your swap partner is great!

jaba 12-18-2012 05:21 PM

Thanks for the comments on my little girl...can't help, I'm 1 very proud gr grandma. Nice plus, her personality matches those big brown eyes.

Elisabrat 12-18-2012 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh she is adorable Jan. love the leggins and tutu! sooo cute. and thanks but for the record you never cry in your milk. nice try. any news on the Christmas light judging?

I wanted to thank Nelco for a lovely suprise that arrived in the mail today. I absolutely LOVE the fabrics. The camera is not showing but the two cranberry colored fabrics have gold thread shot through them as with the green on the end. The green with snowflakes has silver snowflakes and the trees have silver glitter. I LOVE sparkly things so thank you so much and what better time of year than Dec and Jan to bring out the shimmery colors? like the reflections of light on the snow I totally love stuff like that. So home run! She also made me a mini mug rug that is sitting next to the couch as I type. I dont own one. So thank you for making my afternoon. I truly appreciate it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]383011[/ATTACH]

jaba 12-18-2012 05:51 PM

I bet those are beautiful "Brat", I can just see them sparkly. No word yet on our house. I do hope we get an honorable mention anyway, hubby put alot of work into decorating. I know that would make him feel very proud. For those of you that don't know, someone called into the city and asked that they consider and judge our house for the annual Xmas decorating contest.
And yes, you're fibbing to cover up for me, I do cry in my milk.....well maybe not milk, but something!!!

Nelco 12-18-2012 07:37 PM

Happy you like it all.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5728155)
oh she is adorable Jan. love the leggins and tutu! sooo cute. and thanks but for the record you never cry in your milk. nice try. any news on the Christmas light judging?

I wanted to thank Nelco for a lovely suprise that arrived in the mail today. I absolutely LOVE the fabrics. The camera is not showing but the two cranberry colored fabrics have gold thread shot through them as with the green on the end. The green with snowflakes has silver snowflakes and the trees have silver glitter. I LOVE sparkly things so thank you so much and what better time of year than Dec and Jan to bring out the shimmery colors? like the reflections of light on the snow I totally love stuff like that. So home run! She also made me a mini mug rug that is sitting next to the couch as I type. I dont own one. So thank you for making my afternoon. I truly appreciate it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]383011[/ATTACH]

ssnare 12-19-2012 03:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you terhar for the lovely fqs.

Elisabrat 12-19-2012 06:05 AM

ok its officially almost the 20th can we sign up yet for the next swap? lol well almost is pretty good.. and the theme will be???? I love you truly TRULY.. hows about valentines so I can start cutting today!

oh and those blocks made from your received fabrics are so very neat. Are you making a block for each month? I have to say I looked at your stack of halloween and wondered how they would work and well they worked great. and the fall leaf is my favorite of the bunch so pretty framed like that.. great job. Inspiration. if I didnt need the fabrics for projects already they would be going all together in one block too. Today I will be adding the snow and trees to a project that needed one more fabric. Tada! there it is! love this swap.

Grandma Peg 12-19-2012 06:00 PM

Jaba your great granddaughter is just too precious.
Some great fat quarters received.

Jvan228 12-19-2012 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5728925)
oh and those blocks made from your received fabrics are so very neat. Are you making a block for each month? I have to say I looked at your stack of halloween and wondered how they would work and well they worked great. and the fall leaf is my favorite of the bunch so pretty framed like that.. great job. Inspiration. if I didnt need the fabrics for projects already they would be going all together in one block too. Today I will be adding the snow and trees to a project that needed one more fabric. Tada! there it is! love this swap.

Yes Brat, I am making a block for each month, trying to stay within the theme for that month. This month is a toughy. I'm still creating on this one. Wish me luck. lol I'm open for suggestions.