Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December Postcard Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-postcard-swap-t272550.html)

Judith1005 12-08-2015 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7398280)
I just mailed my card to my partner, becky. I PM'd Becky.

Also, those gingerbread kids are adorable! Is the girl wearing lace or did you fancy up the trim yourself? I don't think I've seen trim like that! The grandchildren will adore them!

And then, Judith, you go ahead & make a wonderful Christmas tree! You're really so very good with this fabric postcard stuff!

Thank you ctyankee. I did use a trim that was already premade and made it look like a dress. I got the trim at Michaels in their 1.50 bins. Although, I think I got it or about .50 on clearance. I always keep an eye on those bins. They get some good stuff sometimes.

Judith1005 12-08-2015 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 (Post 7398333)
Hello Ladies I have a favor to ask of my quilting board friends. If possible could you think of the Soldiers who are recovering in Walter Reed Army Medical Center during the Holidays. If you could make or just send a Christmas card to a soldier I would appreciate it. You can mail them to Recovering American Soldier c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Avenue NW Washington, DC 20307-5001. I know this is a huge request but do what you can, I know what ever they receive they will be appreciated. If you send one please post pictures.

Hey Armylady, I'm in. I will make up a couple of extras and get them sent off by the beginning of next week.

Judith1005 12-08-2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by calla (Post 7398263)
Wow, snowflakes, gingerbread ppl, and a tree that fills the bill.............all just too darn cute................

Thank you Judith for organizing this swap. I so appreciate this group, thanks to all..................Happy Winter or Merry Christmas ...................................calla

Thank you Calla.

You ladies all make this the best swap. I love it as much as yall do. My next favorite part before you ladies is that I get to try out all kinds of new techniques and have fun while I'm doing it. And I always get something new and unique in return. That's just a bonus.

ctyankee 12-08-2015 05:52 PM

Armylady -- anything for our guys in the military! I will work on something.

owlvamp 12-09-2015 12:05 AM

So I take it we just mail cards or post cards to the address you gave and put no ones name on it? So who will they know to give it to?

owlvamp 12-09-2015 12:07 AM

I will be mailing your postcard tomorrow nhnative. No hurry's on mine back take your time.
I also mailed to my side partner. Hope you ladies enjoy them.

Judith1005 12-09-2015 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 7398564)
So I take it we just mail cards or post cards to the address you gave and put no ones name on it? So who will they know to give it to?

Owlie, I imagine it works it works like operation Christmas cards to our troops. Just make a unisex one and be sure to include words of incouragement on them.

owlvamp 12-09-2015 07:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some extra postcards I made for my family.

They were fun to make.

Judith1005 12-09-2015 07:40 PM

Nice job owlvamp. I like that peppermint background fabric! I really like your snowman also. They are all super cute though.

ctyankee 12-10-2015 03:42 AM

Those postcards are adorable, Owlvamp! Your family will enjoy receiving them!