Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   December Secret Pal Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/december-secret-pal-swap-t77978.html)

candi 12-10-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
well DEEP south texas would be like Corpus, Houston area (where I'm at) is like south east Texas lol

Originally Posted by Terryl

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
ohhhh I'm in Texas? could it be heading to South Texas?? hmmm

It's going out of Florida Candi, so it won't be coming to you, :( :( actually it's heading to Texas......

Not quite sure where South Texas is.....seems to me we always used to call that Mexico :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

Oh Short and Sweet, my in laws live in Houston, Cypress actually, I love going to the quilt shop near there when I visit..I forgot its name though.

candi 12-10-2010 05:30 PM

So sorry for your troubles. I am sure your partner will understand...is it me????
:mrgreen: LOL.

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I went to the post office this evening (about thiry minutes before closing) to mail my SP their goodies. The post office was out of priority boxes, small boxes, and most other mailing items. So, I waited in line for about twenty-five minutes. The mail clerk gave me a rectangular priority box because he said it would be "cheaper" to mail in the non-flat rate box. He sent me to an automated machine to finish my transaction. Unfortunately, the box was too big for my items and one of the items is fragile, so I was sure it would break without additional packing around it. So, I went out to my vehicle and grabbed a bunch of plastic bags to use as packing. When I weighed the box, it cost more to send than the flat rate. With delivery confirmation, it would have been over $14.00. I turned to go back to waiting in line again to ask them if there was another option, but they had already closed the line. I took my box and my goodies and returned home.

I dug around in my storage room and found a small box, repackaged all the goodies (much more securely, this time) and plan on going to a different post office tomorrow to mail the box. I doubt I will be going to that post office again. I really miss the small town post offices that actually seem to care about their clientele!

Sorry I wasn't able to get it out today. I honestly tried my best, but I didn't want my SP to get a package with broken pieces inside. Better a day late than that.

candi 12-10-2010 05:31 PM

It's going out of Florida Candi, so it won't be coming to you, :( :( actually it's heading to Texas......

OK then. :mrgreen:

MistyMarie 12-10-2010 05:36 PM

By the way... my package is headed to a royal place on the East Coast... as soon as I get it to the mail tomorrow. I am hoping it doesn't cost as much this time, but even if it does, I will just be glad to have it on it's way. I feel bad about it being late. Last week, I had a sinus infection and pink eye and both my kids were sick too. I didn't want to work on anything that could possibly pass on an infection to another person. This past weekend, I thoroughly disinfected my house, threw out all my make-up (so I wouldn't get pink eye again) and we are now feeling much better. I finished up two of the goodies in my box last night (around 11PM). I got a new embroidery machine, but had to wait for all my thread to come in the mail... which I got while I was sick.

... My friend just called and offered to watch my kids all day tomorrow so I could Christmas shop. (My husband is deployed, so it is just me here, which makes it hard to buy gifts for the kids when they have to go everywhere with me.) My first stop is the post office... minus kids. Hallelujah!

pattis47 12-10-2010 06:04 PM

Just want to thank you and your family for your husbands service to our country. Without him and the others, we would not have the freedom we so richly enjoy.....Happy holidays to you and yours.....happy shopping tomorrow.
Patti

By the way... my package is headed to a royal place on the East Coast... as soon as I get it to the mail tomorrow. I am hoping it doesn't cost as much this time, but even if it does, I will just be glad to have it on it's way. I feel bad about it being late. Last week, I had a sinus infection and pink eye and both my kids were sick too. I didn't want to work on anything that could possibly pass on an infection to another person. This past weekend, I thoroughly disinfected my house, threw out all my make-up (so I wouldn't get pink eye again) and we are now feeling much better. I finished up two of the goodies in my box last night (around 11PM). I got a new embroidery machine, but had to wait for all my thread to come in the mail... which I got while I was sick.

... My friend just called and offered to watch my kids all day tomorrow so I could Christmas shop. (My husband is deployed, so it is just me here, which makes it hard to buy gifts for the kids when they have to go everywhere with me.) My first stop is the post office... minus kids. Hallelujah!

MistyMarie 12-10-2010 06:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a wonderful package in the mail today. I wish I could have recorded my excitement when I started taking out all goodies. I probably sounded like a little kid unwrapping their Christmas gifts. My absolutely FAVORITE holiday candy was in there, along with some great FQs, two fun pin cushions, marking pencils, ornaments, candy-canes, pins, and an adorable glass turtle. What a fun package to receive. Thank you Chasing Hawk.

My goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141201[/ATTACH]

My turtles checking out the glass turtle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141202[/ATTACH]

seymoore 12-10-2010 06:19 PM

Mine is on it's way. Far far to the east....

candi 12-10-2010 06:21 PM

How nice of your friend, I am glad you and your kids are feeling better. Please thank your husband for his service.

roda 12-10-2010 06:54 PM

Turtle is so cute. GD has been trying to get me to buy her a turtle. Shes 4 and tells me greens her fav color and turtles or green so there her fav animals so she needs one bad

shelrox 12-10-2010 06:58 PM

Oh Thank you Wilma for he lovely gifts. I truly like them all and boy can I put them to good use. I love the little catch all. What a great little design. Will try to take a picture and post tomorrow. Got to thinking today humm no mail int he box I wonder if the mail person left anything on the porch and just went out now to check and sure enough there it was. A nice treat at 9:45 pm. Thank you again!