Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

emc1118 11-18-2013 07:29 PM

Lyn, I picked up the doll quilt package today. Beautiful wall hanging and two patterns inside. I can't get a good picture this time of night, hopefully will be able to get one tomorrow after work.
The wall hanging depicts a "Flickering Candle" for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much. Libby

kiffie2413 11-19-2013 02:11 PM

I am really longing for mild weather, and NO wind! We are having freezing temps at night..and for me if I am going to live where it has freezing temps, I want snow! I love snow and love rain even more...I should live in Washington state..but have never lived anywhere but here..and years ago I told dh I would love to move where it rains more...he nicely "alluded" to me, have a nice life, I will miss you..lol.. Which he would like to have moved somewhere it doesn't snow, so I would hve told him I would miss him, probably not as nice as he was to me, tho.. ;) So in Texas we stayed. And as much as I grouse, when we travel, I can't wait to get home... As far as day light savings, I love it in Spring and Summer, the spring forward part...daylight until 9 pm some days..I dislike it in Fall and Winter, the fall back part...dark by 5:45 pm, or sooner...And, everyone, I have turned into a crabby old lady that I thought, hoped I would never be!!!

Lyn, I was watching a House Hunters International the other evening, the couple was looking for a house in Tasmania...first time I have seen one there. Seen several in Australia, but not Tasmania. I was going to recall the town, so I could tell you, but of course that memory is "Gone With the Wind", Scarlett...:p
Kif

emc1118 11-19-2013 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by emc1118 (Post 6412557)
Lyn, I picked up the doll quilt package today. Beautiful wall hanging and two patterns inside. I can't get a good picture this time of night, hopefully will be able to get one tomorrow after work.
The wall hanging depicts a "Flickering Candle" for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much. Libby

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]447759[/ATTACH]

Here is the beautiful candle and patterns from Lynnie!! Thanks for looking.

lynnie 11-20-2013 12:05 PM

lovely quilt and great patterns

kiffie2413 11-21-2013 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lyn,
You did a beautiful job on that quilt! Cute patterns, too..

I got my doll quilt in the mail today from KwiltKrazy, Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful! My camera flash won't work..which has never happened...and it is overcast here, cold front blew in, gusts of wind 40-50 mph, blowing sleet and snow is on the way...I wanted snow, so I guess no complaining...lol Anyways, I took the best pic I could by a window. I love the quilt, KwiltKrazy...I love the metallic accents, the fabrics, and the taffy you sent with the quilt! I love saltwater taffy! Here is the pic, and there is way more taffy, I just put a few pieces so the quilt shows more:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]448042[/ATTACH]
Kif

jaba 11-21-2013 04:08 PM

Love Love Love that purple!!!! The way you put the taffy on the pic looks like little flowers. Great job Krazy

kwiltkrazy 11-21-2013 07:04 PM

So glad you like it Kiffie. Sorry I didn't get to telling you it was in the mail, internet went out on me, then I had a kidney stone pass. I really enjoyed making this for you. My picture of it isn't any better than yours. I think it is a good representation of it. I love salt water taffy also, and it is the local "thing". Very happy holidays to you and everyone on the board. I am also in love with the quilt you sent me, you are a very talented quilter.

Lynnie25 11-21-2013 10:34 PM

Love the quilt you got from kwiltkrazy Kif, in one of my fav colours.

emc118, did you spot the little 'oopsie' in your quilt :)

QuiltingKrazy 11-22-2013 04:30 PM

Love the quilts! They are so beautiful and each so unique! Ladies y'all all did wonderful work!

kiffie2413 11-23-2013 09:39 PM

Kwiltkrazy,
Hope ur dh is recovering from the kidney stone blasting. I have had so many of those stones..my urologist even once told me he makes his car payments off me! At that time, my car wasn't paid for, so I politely told him I had my own car payments, thank you all the same!
Anyways, hope the granules pass for your dh quickly! Those stents are sometimes worse than the renal colic pain..will keep you both in prayer!
K