Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll quilt swap # 53 lincoln's log cabin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-53-lincolns-log-cabin-t239526.html)

Likethedog 01-27-2014 01:45 PM

I've never done a log cabin and I'm nervous about this one. However, since it's doll quilt swap 53, and I'm 53, I will give it a try and hopefully get it done before I turn 54!

Tam...Moo 01-28-2014 06:12 PM

Hello Crazy Quilting Robin, good to know you are joining us crazy quilters...we have missed you!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-28-2014 10:58 PM

Thanks everyone ...its been a long hard road the last few months .... but I'm making it as best I can .... we are hoping this trial drug will put this in remission for a long time .... so far no bad side effects .... this is good ... lots of blood work and scans go along with this .... but I'm feeling ok and thank God there are no tubes coming out of my body with this .... no ports ...just 2 pills ... they told me I have 4 active lymph nodes again ..they are shrinking with just one week of these pills .... I cleaned the sewing room and got the fabric out for the log cabin ...I'm ready to go ..... can't wait to see who I get to swap with ..... ladies your quilts have kept me warm so often ...wrapped up in them when I felted so bad .... thanks for all the warmth you have shared with me .... lets go on with the mini quilts ....... got my pattern out too ...... I'm ready ..... God has been so good to me .... ready to sew !!!!!!

sewbizgirl 01-29-2014 08:20 AM

I sent a pm to join on the 27th. Hope you have added me! This is my first doll quilt swap, and my first doll quilt, period! Looking forward to making a miniature.

Lv2sew2011 01-29-2014 05:34 PM

Question, are we suppose to make Log Cabin Square DQ or and Log Cabin House? I think I messed up and read it wrong. I just finished up the Log Cabin Squares DQ so I hope I'm not to wrong on this...LOL OOPS!!!

jaba 01-29-2014 05:55 PM

I didn't make either one but have my own version of a log cabin type DQ with the theme. It's always been the way each one of us interpret it, so whatever you have done would be perfect with me.

Lv2sew2011 01-29-2014 08:26 PM

Well If I did I can make the other. I can always use this one has a table topper...LOL

QuiltingKrazy 01-30-2014 03:50 AM

Hey swappers ! Log cabin block pattern was my first idea, but if you prefer to make a log cabin house works for me! I promise to answer pm,s today and get names in line for partners.

Robin glad to see you back on the board! You know laughter is the best medicine and some of these folks are hilarious!

Chasezzz 01-30-2014 05:00 AM

I have worked on mine with the log cabin block...so glad to hear that was the intent!

quiltymom 01-30-2014 10:26 AM

I sent in PM too!