Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Eager Beavers Chat and photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/eager-beavers-chat-photos-t104448.html)

maine ladybug 04-25-2011 10:05 AM

You have a right to be pleased. It was a lot of work. My favorite parts are Col's sub, and the church. What a wonderful job you did and all that detail......!!

RNUNU 04-25-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
thank you ladies...
a row i don't think i could repeat!! it was such a lot of work!!
time consuming if you know what i mean!! but enjoyable non the less :)
i was doubtful for a while, i didn't think it was 'pulling' together, but once i had added the embroidery here and there it seemed to look a bit better.
i'm pleased with it :)

I know what you mean by "Time Consuming"!!
Doing "5 Windows" across my row: Perrine Bridge over the Snake River - Shoshone Water Falls (from Snake River) - Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon Jump site - Sawtooth Mountains at Stanley Lake - and an Idaho Representation Block. It seems like it is taking me "forever"! :roll: :roll:

-- Dayle

maine ladybug 04-25-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by RNUNU

thank you ladies...
i was doubtful for a while, i didn't think it was 'pulling' together, but once i had added the embroidery here and there it seemed to look a bit better.

Doing "5 Windows" across my row: Perrine Bridge over the Snake River - Shoshone Water Falls (from Snake River) - Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon Jump site - Sawtooth Mountains at Stanley Lake - and an Idaho Representation Block. It seems like it is taking me "forever"! :roll: :roll:

-- Dayle

But Dayle, it sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see it!

jacquie 04-25-2011 11:40 AM

wow dayle!!
sounds amazing!!
i know how you feel!! i really thought i'd bitten off more than i could chew, and i really wondered what i had started!!
but be rest assured, it IS worth it!!
wait until it's done, what a fabulous quilt this is going to make!!!

thank you ladies...

-- Dayle

RNUNU 04-25-2011 12:28 PM

Like minds must run down the same river!!! Keep thinking I should have done something a little simplier .... however Herman says it looks great.

Love the idea of Col's submarine in your row. If I put Herman's shop in mine .... I'd be loosing my mind by now (table saw - band saw - drill press - clamps - more saws (don't know the name of some) ..... too many details!!!

-- Dayle

wow dayle!!
sounds amazing!!
i know how you feel!! i really thought i'd bitten off more than i could chew, and i really wondered what i had started!!
but be rest assured, it IS worth it!!
wait until it's done, what a fabulous quilt this is going to make!!!

thank you ladies...

-- Dayle

lindyline 04-25-2011 10:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all, back again. Finally found some time to design and cut and paste. Have to get to the sewing yet. Here's a sneak peek of what I've achieved so far. I'm thinking I will be sending these at the end of the week, sewn on, but lacking their final detail. Maybe I can do that at the quilting stage, when they're all done. I promise I WILL NOT do this to anyone elses.They will be completed before I send them. :thumbup: I just seem to be a little short on time. All Waynes fault of course, and he will be having more surgery very shortly, so more time for handsewing!!Yeah...
Enough rambling, here's The Shrine, a tram, and Flinders Street Station. Not sure that I really like my rendition of the station, so may/may not use it. :lol:
I think when it's back I'll add The Eternal Flame to the foreground of the Shrine, and do the tram overhead wires and tram tracks and if I use it, will add the clocks to the station. :-P

The Shrine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189233[/ATTACH]

A tram
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189234[/ATTACH]

Flinders St Station
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189236[/ATTACH]

jacquie 04-25-2011 10:58 PM

these look great linda!!
i love the station!!
they all have lovely 'character' to them!! and great colours!!

look forward to seeing them in 'person'!!

maine ladybug 04-26-2011 04:53 AM

What wonderful detail!!! You are doing a wonderful job on those. So much talent!

jacquie 04-26-2011 08:21 AM

i've sorted out my journal, i just need to make a 'signature label' to travel with the row and i can send it all on it's marry way!

jacquie 04-26-2011 08:24 AM

Linda, do you want to exchange a signature block with me/us? we exchanged blocks with our 'early birds' row robin. i can put 1 signature block in my parcel for you if you want to exchange with me/us...