Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-fall-halloween-tablerunner-table-mat-swap-t226990.html)

mom-6 08-17-2013 06:37 PM

Sapdoggie - how about a lizard over the shoulder while sitting on the couch talking on the phone? Think I terrified that poor lizard with my holler! I know I scared my friend on the other end if the phone line. I'm not normally scard of lizards, but that one sure startled me.

Yosamitesa 08-17-2013 06:37 PM

Ok...bat one was pretty good!!! Hubby just said wow!!!

mom-6 08-17-2013 06:46 PM

Oh I've got to tell y'all about the animal control guy that came to our store one day when we had a bat flying around. They lived upstairs between the antique tin ceiling and the rafters on the top floor in our pre1900s building.
Anyway, somebody called animal control and the fellow shows up in a hazmat suit looking like a storm trooper out of Star Wars. Then he's so paranoid about dying of rabies he wouldn't get anywhere close to it. By this time a couple of us with a broom and dustpan had chased it out the door. Needless to say we never called animal control to come out again! Did get them to loan us a live trap for the skunk under the coke machine though.

sapdoggie 08-17-2013 09:19 PM

mom-6 Lizards on the loose- yuck- not even a fan of the gecko in the tv ads.

Now bats- can just stay in the woods and eat the mosquitoes.

All of God's creatures were created for a purpose- as long as they stay out of my way and go on about their assigned purpose, I will leave them alone.
If they come near me or the grandkids- that is a totally different story :rolleyes:

Elisabrat 08-18-2013 04:34 AM

ok sugarplums! how is everyone today? madly quilting away on your table runners? for a group of over 40 it is amazing your not talking people.. a deal is a deal you are to post here regularly or at least once a week to say hey this is where I am.. so come on girls.. kick it up a notch as Emeril says and be an active group member please.

I am going to finish a little mat today and have a block to make for someone who wants to make a monkey quilt for their little one which is pretty darned cute idea.. and then this gorgeous center I have to work on in brights and black and its one of those wow statement quilts. I think it will be pretty fun. Waiting to hear from Stipple queen to find out what she would like color wise. I believe she is about fall but not sure how big etc.. so waiting, waiting waiting.. these are my best two days for sewing so I hope to hear back today. Have you started yours? picked your fabrics?? ready to ship just trying to be patient??? I know Jaba is done she is fast as lightening.. anyone else?

Yosamitesa 08-18-2013 04:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Working on a baby quilt. Here is what it looks like so far!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430833[/ATTACH]

mom-6 08-18-2013 05:03 AM

Yosamitsa your baby quilt is adorable! That's gonna be one lucky mom and baby.

createfourpaws 08-18-2013 05:12 AM

I have been so quiet the last few days as I have been at a conference until last night. My first time having any time to spend on the computer.

I have heard from my partner, she is also out of town.

Brat--- we are all human and when mistakes happen it shows that life happens.

Yosamitsa.....beautiful baby quilt.

jaba 08-18-2013 06:49 AM

Had the time yesterday to work on the one I'm making for teappot. She told me the size she needed and I began. It's done, quilted and sewed the binding on last night. I'm ready to mail brat when you tell me I can. Today need to finish the two I started for my house or maybe an angel will have to fly. Hope not...Then I have 2 queen size quilts that need the binding sewn on, I only do that when I'm sitting in the easy chair watching the boob tube.

dabbler312 08-18-2013 07:36 AM

Yosamitesa love the color combination on the baby quilt - thank you for sharing.

No time for sewing today - my daughter is participating in a 5K color splash event and asked me to come take photos at the finish line - if I understand her correctly they walk/jog/run the 5K route and have stop stations where they get splashed with colors and by the time they're finished they must resemble some sort of tie-dyed mess. Anyway the event is s fundraiser and they had over 400 participants signed up by last Friday.