Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fall Star Block Swap 12.5 inch (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-star-block-swap-12-5-inch-t294839.html)

SuziSew 03-21-2018 07:48 AM

That's a great find! Perfect colors for the swap. I'm not far from you, what shop is closing?

Armylady2012 03-21-2018 07:58 AM

BattleAxe love the fabrics wish I lived close by I would love to see if they have anything I would love to use but you are to far away.:(

QuilterMomma 03-21-2018 12:20 PM

Wow Battleaxe, what a find! Put me on that list also, want to pick it up for me? Sad to see another shop closing though.

Battle Axe 03-24-2018 02:49 AM

Sorry about my tardiness. I'm so busy sewing. !!!!

This is Emmatown fabrics. It's now in the Lambright woodworking factory on 300S just east of SR 5.

I think the whole thing is over end of March.

I'll watch this thread. I can go get something if you want. They had some lovely purple stacks, a few batiks. Blue and yellows, not too much in red. I don't know what is left. They were busy cutting it all up into one yard sections when I was there last week.

Marcia

Battle Axe 03-25-2018 02:25 AM

Just got another email of another quilt store closing in my area. This time it is the one in Middlebury, IN. Not that we had one on every corner, but I sure hate to see them go.

Marcia

Lstew2212 03-25-2018 06:00 AM

It is sad to so many stores closing.

Battle Axe 03-26-2018 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591765[/ATTACH]Half of the bundle. Oranges and yellows, short on reds.

Lstew2212 03-26-2018 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the block I am going to use

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591772[/ATTACH]

I think I have figured out my math to make it 12 1/2 square. It's the disappearing hourglass, but it makes a great star right in the middle.

Dsenters 03-26-2018 05:55 PM

Armylady2012,
I have four blocks stitched so far and am working on the fifth now. I may not get any farther than that this swap, I have been flat on my back, back in my post lower lumbar surgery hard brace, then taking nsaids and gabapentin (swelling my legs terribly), then after two weeks in tears and nerve pain spikes from the spine I received two delodine injections. NOTHING is reliving the vertebrae pain so it looks like I will be discussing back surgery on the two disc above previous fusions. I am trying to mix up the designs as to add variety. Hope everyone will enjoy and I love to see my blocks when photos are taken.
Sorry for the whiny complains, the dog is getting tired of listening to me also!

Lstew2212 03-27-2018 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dsenters (Post 8029206)
Armylady2012,
I have four blocks stitched so far and am working on the fifth now. I may not get any farther than that this swap, I have been flat on my back, back in my post lower lumbar surgery hard brace, then taking nsaids and gabapentin (swelling my legs terribly), then after two weeks in tears and nerve pain spikes from the spine I received two delodine injections. NOTHING is reliving the vertebrae pain so it looks like I will be discussing back surgery on the two disc above previous fusions. I am trying to mix up the designs as to add variety. Hope everyone will enjoy and I love to see my blocks when photos are taken.
Sorry for the whiny complains, the dog is getting tired of listening to me also!

Praying for relief soon. I hope you get better