Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FALL TABLERUNNER SWAP – PARTNERS on PAGE 6 (Signup closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-tablerunner-swap-%96-partners-page-6-signup-closed-t48428.html)

tweetee 07-07-2010 08:29 PM

Im starting mine tonight whe I get home from work. This is going to be so much fun, I cant wait to see everyones work. Im thinking I might do 2 as well, I really like the pattern and fabrics I have chosen for my swap partner. I ust hope she likes it just as much! :-)

shaysmema 07-08-2010 03:19 AM

I'm also making 2 . My partner is Amazon and she like the same things I do Such fun doing the happy dance. I started mine last night.

LaurieE 07-08-2010 03:47 AM

I finished making the top for Renakr and have it sandwiched & basted together. I was practicing machine quilting (because I'm new at that, being a hand quilter) and ended up breaking off the dial that raises and lowers the feed dogs. The pieces of the dial are somewhere inside my machine.

Monday I took my baby to see the doctor and he admitted her to the hospital. I don't know when she'll be discharged because the part had to be ordered. Good thing we have until the end of August.

jljack 07-08-2010 02:18 PM

I was a little ahead...had cut out a fall table runner last year, but never finished it. I am going to substitute a couple of the elements with batiks, and then just sew it together...How easy is that?? I lucked out!!

Ms Grace 07-09-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I finished making the top for Renakr and have it sandwiched & basted together. I was practicing machine quilting (because I'm new at that, being a hand quilter) and ended up breaking off the dial that raises and lowers the feed dogs. The pieces of the dial are somewhere inside my machine.

Monday I took my baby to see the doctor and he admitted her to the hospital. I don't know when she'll be discharged because the part had to be ordered. Good thing we have until the end of August.

How terrible!
hope you get her fixed & home soon. :-)

Teacup 07-09-2010 04:33 PM

So sorry to hear about your machine! Hope it is better soon.

Good news: I got my final fabric tonight for Alu's runner. Bad news: I'm leaving this weekend and will be away from the sewing machine for an entire week. So it will be another week until I get to work on it again!

I can't believe some of you are almost done already!

Overlander 07-10-2010 06:55 AM

Got all my blocks for Montanablu's runner sewn yesterday. :) Now have to cut and resew the blocks to get the final look before sewing them together. Here's a hint, it is all curves. :) Forgot my template at home so couldn't get the 2nd cut done at the shop, but hope to work on it today and may finish the 1st one. Loving this exchange

Dragonfly Nana 07-10-2010 01:07 PM

I have the tops done just need to sandwich, quilt, and bind the one for ragamuffin.
I too liked the first one so much I made a second one for me!

tweetee 07-10-2010 04:06 PM

Ive narly finished mine, just sewing the binding on now. I so wish /i could make the same for me too, but I ran out of a particular fabric and cant get anymore. Oh well

Cant wait to send it off, which will be very soon!!!

Grama Lehr 07-12-2010 07:12 AM

Oh Man!! You guys really know how to apply the pressure!! I need to get busy on my table runner! 8-)