Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fat-quarter-swap-march-greens-whites-creams-side-swap-ugly-fabrics-t260066.html)

PeginCO 02-10-2015 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found these FQs and one yard "ugly" (which I like!!) in mailbox today!! Thank you for a little side swap, jclinganrey! Such fun to have new novelty fabrics! And I'm just laughing because as everyone has stated that they like their received ugly, I thought surely, I'd get the one that was TRULY ugly. Not me! Ha, ha!

kiffie2413 02-10-2015 04:51 PM

See, Dfelker...your uglies are everyone else's pretty...lol
And thank you for your nice words about me...if only I was as nice as y'all think...
Lastly, I need that fabric hoarder sign!!!

Nice fabrics, Peg.
Kif

Patchesnposies 02-10-2015 07:20 PM

Jeanne49, PeginCo, and Quilty Jem your Gr/Cr/Wh & Ugly swaps are going out in the morning. Cut and Ironed them this afternoon and packed them up! I mailed Bullock2us her Uglies yesterday. I'll send you the delivery confirmation numbers once I have them.

You have to be honest and tell me what you think once you get them.....I can take it! ;)

Fiestypixy 02-10-2015 08:34 PM

With everyone getting their ugly surprises in the mail, I am on pins and needles waiting on mine. This is so exciting!!!!

jaba 02-10-2015 08:49 PM

Me too Fiestypixy, can hardly wait!! And by the way, I love your screen name...:)

sewellie 02-10-2015 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by dfelker (Post 7085308)
Have I mentioned fat quarter swaps are a challenge for me because my name is Dorothy and I am a [ATTACH=CONFIG]509570[/ATTACH]

Oh, we must know where you got the "fabric hoarder" sign. That is so appropriate to put on the door of a sewing room. :) Will you tell us please?

And, I am one who said I haven't seen any ugly fabric so far ...... well, now I have. hahaha

Can't wait to see what I get.

Elisabrat 02-11-2015 05:40 AM

Morning! love those 'uglies" especially that one with the crab on it.. beach theme 101! and the roosters? I need roosters! lol ok word out is there is no such thing as an ugly. I am thinking perhaps its I bought this and am tired of passing it up for use so maybe someone else can do something with it that I cant. wondering is all I am saying. I have so many scraps that are sent to me by a fabric donation place (I know don't you wish you had one near you?) in Ca. my friends run it its fabmo.org. they take in all designer scraps they are going to toss you know samples you see in the stores.. and they donate them to people. you can make a donation for cost of showroom and gas to go get those freebies. but oh they gorgeous. some linens, some cottons, some mixed blends some texured like couch material others smooth ... so many to chose from! they have tiles all sorts of goodies. Heck she told me about this new pick up of 48 24" inch mosaic tile inlays that they picked up... all trash and all amazing for grouting and making a table top! I wanted one of each please. lol. I get the cotton donated by the people who come in. see they also bring in goodies that they can no longer use but think are still useful and man are some of them really useful! to me an 8" strip that is 42" wide is not garbage! so doing so many block swaps I have found that what I might not want in mine someone else surely does. We all LOVE something different. we all work with different ideas and concepts. That's what makes quilting so infinitely cool. its VARIETY. its style differences. I love some of these.. all one color quilts that are intricately quilted. yet can I do it? would I want to? no. would one color top work for me? NO way with three cats, a MAN (egad) and a dog in the house. ok even without the dog touching everything that cats and man would kill it. Not getting rid of them so.. bolder brighter colors work :) not a lot of black sigh (love that black). ITs all about wants. What do you want in your stash if you could hit the stores and just .. buy 5 yards of whatever you wish? what would it be? all one piece, a bunch of pieces? a blender or a design?

letsquilt 02-11-2015 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got my package from ljdugas31, thank you for the pretty fabrics!

Patchesnposies 02-11-2015 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt (Post 7086655)
Just got my package from ljdugas31, thank you for the pretty fabrics!

WOW. I LOVE those fabrics!

Patchesnposies 02-11-2015 03:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I received my swap from PeginCo today. I am the grateful recipient of the lovely black fabric with gold metallic and green clovers! She also sent some St Patrick's day fabric that is green clovers with swirls and metallic gold dots. Peg, also sent me a sweet white on white fabric with tiny little clovers. I have plans to put them to use right away. There is a lovely old timey green fabric with little flowers and leaves that is me to a "T".

The "Ugly" fabric almost failed. Three of the four fabrics suit me perfectly. The pink floral I love. The two blues go right along with my Civil War/Historical fabrics, love those. The ALMOST is the Native American fabric. LOL T'is indeed, ugly. :shock: har har har You done good, Peg!

FUN SWAP!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509809[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509810[/ATTACH]

THANKS BUNCHES!!!!