Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/favorite-things-tablerunner-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-january-10th-t236412.html)

skaduzy 12-11-2013 11:16 AM

I just signed up. I think I would like to try a mat this time instead of a runner.

Elisabrat 12-11-2013 03:41 PM

ok, so I say I love rainbows, hearts and cats a partner could then chose any of those or all of those to make into my runner for me?

or are we doing our favorite things into a runner to gift to someone else (this makes no sense but go with me).. or help I hear there is some confussion..

mom-6 12-11-2013 04:28 PM

I'm in for this one too!

tlambing 12-11-2013 05:29 PM

Your partner would list their favorite things, color, animal etc… and you would fashion a runner/mat to suit their favorites, to the best of your abilities.

jaba 12-11-2013 05:39 PM

Teresa, do you have to list your favorite things or can you just say I would like a Valentine's table runner. Not sure I'd like a table runner of my favorite things???? And it's okay if it is for favorite things only, just a question...

tlambing 12-11-2013 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6452159)
Teresa, do you have to list your favorite things or can you just say I would like a Valentine's table runner. Not sure I'd like a table runner of my favorite things???? And it's okay if it is for favorite things only, just a question...

I think that it would be OK. I know that if I had you as my partner, I'd be happy to make something Valentines for you & I'd bet any other quilter partner would too.

Likethedog 12-11-2013 08:31 PM

I will ask my partner about her favorite things AND what she prefers -- so if she wants a Groundhog's Day runner, fine with me; or if she really loves butterflies or elephants, etc., that's fine, too. Either way, lots of creative possibilities, right?

tlambing 12-11-2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Likethedog (Post 6452323)
I will ask my partner about her favorite things AND what she prefers -- so if she wants a Groundhog's Day runner, fine with me; or if she really loves butterflies or elephants, etc., that's fine, too. Either way, lots of creative possibilities, right?

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly!

Elisabrat 12-12-2013 04:54 AM

oh dear ground hog day? imagine if you will trying to make a ground hog.. that would scare me lol.. I would do it but it might scare me that's all. thanks Teresa Jaba and I had been talking about this yesterday hence my dumb question to you.. only dumber question is the one not asked right? think you should have lots of sign ups for this one.. and like the dog becareful.. she will pare you with the only person who wants ground hogs :) tlambing can be just that evil :)

Quilty-Louise 12-12-2013 11:04 AM

I am going to list some of my favorite things and let my future partner
decide what they want to go with from list if they wish.

Favorite colors: Purple & yellow
LEAST favorite colors/prints: brown!!! olive/drab green, civil war (muddy/drab colors)
and 30's style prints
Favorite flower: yellow roses (3 yellow roses is my "signature theme")
Likes: cats, butterflies, peacocks, dragonflies, exotic (tropical) birds (parrots etc),
sewing/quilting themed.
Hobbies: sewing, quilting, machine embroidery, audiobooks.
Activities: making fabric yo-yo's

If I can think of anything else later I will add a post with it. Yeah I know
am all over the place with my likes. LOL
Does that make me eclectic? or just plain crazy?

LOL