Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/favorite-things-tablerunner-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-january-10th-t236412.html)

mom-6 02-13-2014 06:49 PM

Finally got mine to the post office today. Been carrying it around in the truck for a week! Hope you like it Sue.

Got home and what was waiting for me, the absolutely gorgeous table mat she made for me. Much too pretty to put on a table to get all covered up with "stuff"! It's going on my wall to enjoy every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you😍

jaba 02-13-2014 07:25 PM

Haven't heard from Laquita but see that she has finished sewing and sent her doll quilt in that swap, so maybe she is working on my table runner.

tlambing 02-13-2014 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by rbwiese (Post 6568484)
I am so sorry I haven't been on here to reply, etc - I think I see a flower in it - but am not sure - any more hints? Or do I just wait until it gets here? It definite does have a spring look to it.

I have had to make another trip to Nashville to see my eye surgeon - sure cuts into my sewing time. But snow is headed here, so will be locked in the house - now just so we don't lose electricity!

Glad to hear from you. How's the snow situation? I think I'd like to be snowed in for a couple of days, or at least I "think" so.

Elisabrat 02-15-2014 07:03 PM

well the last few shall be coming in... I know your not finished yet but thinking we can get a new swap up for May Day returns.. early enough to get mothers day presents done!! I know it seems like forever out ahead but amazingly these things come faster and faster it seems! I cant wait to see the last few runners arrive here! Soon as you have completed your obligations here I will be back in action .. Teresa thank you for taking over for this swap. You have done a terrific job .. someone here on the board equated this to 'cat herding' being a swap/team leader lol.. not as simple as it might look but one would never know you have had any chasing to do at all :) Must have a terrific group of players :)

MizMelly 02-16-2014 09:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received my table mat from Quilty Louise yesterday!! Thank you, thank you! It's lovely, I just love the beach! Wish I lived closer to one.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462711[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]462713[/ATTACH]

I did have a little modelling help......

tlambing 02-16-2014 12:21 PM

Oh Miz! What a beautiful table mat and gorgeous kitty! Our kitty sleeps on my cutting table in the sun in front of the sunniest window in the house. At night he meows until I open the blind so he can keep watch over the front yard all night. He always gets his way!

Only 4 days left until our mailing deadline. According to my count, there are 6 of us still waiting to receive. If you have not been in contact with your partner for a bit, please do so now. Give us an update. I'm hoping to turn this swap back over to Brat sans any stragglers. Come on and help me do this :)

skaduzy 02-16-2014 01:12 PM

tablerunner

1 Attachment(s)
I received my tablerunner yesterday from mom-6 and it is perfect for me. It is all about cats.....one of my favorite things.

I put it on the carpet to take a picture and that cat of mine laid right down on it. She is so big that she covered the whole thing up so I had to take another picture after I pushed her off. It's squares of cats plus pinwheel stars. The sashing looks like bamboo. Really neat! The backing is all cat fabric. I like the colors a lot, too.

I hope you can see the detail in the picture.

Thanks, Patty, for the beautiful tablerunner. I do love it! Sassy does too. (You must have cats of your own.)

tlambing 02-16-2014 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of all of the runners/mats that have been posted. Please post a pic if you can, or ask the sender to post a pic for you. Everyone loves to see their beautiful handiwork displayed. It's also a great resource for new ideas!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462786[/ATTACH]

SandyinZ4 02-16-2014 01:57 PM

Teresa, you've done a great job keeping things going here and so nice to see all the runners grouped together. Hope everyone follows through and there is a grand final finish on time. Some amazing quilters have participated. I have loved watching from the sidelines.

MizMelly 02-16-2014 02:19 PM

That's my Dusty on the table mat. He's the eldest of my 5 (and in my profile pic). Obviously a camera ham! He's also the one who demands the most attention, morning, noon and night. Spoiled much?