Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2010-doll-quilt-swap-t34534.html)

Shadow Dancer 02-17-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by pvquilter

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer

Originally Posted by Janis
Shadow, I love your Redwork! Did you do that by hand or by machine? I'd love to do one for myself. Can you share where you got the pattern for it? If not, that's OK too. Thanks.

The embroidery was done by machine, I don't know where I got the designs though. lol

Shadow: what kind of machine do you have?

I have the Janome 200E embroidery machine. :)

sunkistmi 02-17-2010 02:30 PM

Oh these quilts are all just too cute. It must be a "heart" month, hehe. Is someone going to put the screws to sewjoyce to make her tell how she did those hearts? Inquiring minds want to know, really bad. Shadow, I love the combination of the red and black w/the embroidery. I think this swap is especially great for those who have never done a mini because we truly accept each one as a gift from the heart, not concentrating on the 'perfectness' (is that a word?) but on the thought and time spent in making our partner something so special from our life to theirs. It's the smile and the excitement when the package comes and, for me, the tears when I realized that this beautiful little work of art was for me, just for me. Challenge yourself for March, you won't regret it.
Wendy B

mcdaniel023 02-17-2010 03:33 PM

What great quilts. Everyone is so creative. I hope to have mine finished this weekend Gaigai.

Chele 02-17-2010 05:10 PM

sunkistmi, yer gonna make me cry! All of our quilts are very special. I hope anyone who joins in our fun realizes that. There's a new sign up by the way!

Some of us may not be perfect quilters (me!), but we do pour our heart and soul into these little quilts. And I have to applaud everyone for loving and gushing over these beauties. You all make me proud to be a part of this wonderful group. Thank you for being so supportive and positive!

Janstar 02-17-2010 05:15 PM

All of the little quilts are so special. You have all done a great job on them! Pat yourselves on the back!!!!!!!!!

sewjoyce 02-17-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Oh these quilts are all just too cute. It must be a "heart" month, hehe. Is someone going to put the screws to sewjoyce to make her tell how she did those hearts? Inquiring minds want to know, really bad. Shadow, I love the combination of the red and black w/the embroidery. I think this swap is especially great for those who have never done a mini because we truly accept each one as a gift from the heart, not concentrating on the 'perfectness' (is that a word?) but on the thought and time spent in making our partner something so special from our life to theirs. It's the smile and the excitement when the package comes and, for me, the tears when I realized that this beautiful little work of art was for me, just for me. Challenge yourself for March, you won't regret it.
Wendy B

OK Wendy, I'll tell how I made my quilt -- don't hurt me :lol: :lol:

The heart blocks were made with my embroidery machine using cotton varigated thread.....Does that help??? :lol: :lol:

sandpat 02-17-2010 05:39 PM

Well..yes...the varigated thread hint that you dropped....is helpful...but....*where is that power screwdriver....*..

sewjoyce 02-17-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well..yes...the varigated thread hint that you dropped....is helpful...but....*where is that power screwdriver....*..

You are SO bad :lol: :lol: OK, what else do you want to know??? (And I'm not about to tell you how much I weigh....)

Chele 02-17-2010 05:57 PM

LOL! If weight is a requirement, I'm outta here! Ya'll are on your own!

jljack 02-17-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
All of the little quilts are so special. You have all done a great job on them! Pat yourselves on the back!!!!!!!!!

I second that emotion!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :wink: :lol:

Every one is a little gem all in itself, filled with caring and expectation of giving something of the maker's self. Love all around!!! :-D