Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2012-doll-quilt-swap-no-theme-senders-choice-t176576.html)

mscupid804 02-11-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy fay1 (Post 4963799)
Teresa, I am almost done with yours. I almost bit off more than I could chew on this one. Few more days. I hope you like it.

Cool, can't wait! :)

KRYSTYNA, that's a COOL quilt!

jillnjo 02-11-2012 12:56 PM

I like the little hot pink twister and all the extras! A great Valentine surprise!

LeslieFrost 02-11-2012 01:08 PM

Krystyna, I don't know why you keep searching for 'normal'! All of the DQ swappers like you just the way you are! Some of us are working to get off of dead normal!

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4965044)
And now, armed with a 50% off coupon, I am on my way to Joann to get a nifty new template to make something "normal". Wait until you see the quilt that 978gray got today. She was nice and said she liked it.

Krystyna 02-11-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 4965475)
Krystyna, I don't know why you keep searching for 'normal'! All of the DQ swappers like you just the way you are! Some of us are working to get off of dead normal!

Well, I have to tell you that I am all set for "normal" now - but there will probably be a little quirky tossed in with my fabric choices. With my husband in tow (he had his own coupons!) I now have octagon and hexagon templates (DH actually found the latter!) AND a book on paper piecing by Carol Doak (whose instructions I didn't understand at all - but a Crafty Gemini video made it all clear) AND some other 50% off Flip and Cut Templates that I have NO IDEA how to use ... but I am READY!
I am just so impressed with the insanely precise and gorgeous work that everyone does that I had to challenge myself.

oksewglad 02-11-2012 02:30 PM

Krystyna--what is normal? My kids always think their mom is a little "off center". I like to keep them guessing!

My quilt from rwquilts arrived today and it's a beauty. Will try to get a pic later to share with you.

Lynnie25 02-11-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 4964941)
Chele inspired my selvage art quilts- 2 more are coming to you, dear friend , and now I have a new idea for Krystyna!
Stay tuned! Dotty loves doll quilters!

dotty, we LOVE dotty's selvage quilts each month too. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Krystyna :)

Needlegrammy 02-11-2012 03:40 PM

Please don't go normal now. We like you the way you are!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4965044)
And now, armed with a 50% off coupon, I am on my way to Joann to get a nifty new template to make something "normal". Wait until you see the quilt that 978gray got today. She was nice and said she liked it.

Lynnie25 02-11-2012 03:42 PM

Hahaha, I love Krystyna's attempts to be 'normal' but look out if she is armed with all those new templates, with or without instructions, it is bound to be a beauty :) I love how you like to try and step outside your comfort zone, even if it is only little steps.

Needlegrammy 02-11-2012 03:44 PM

Super cute little twister quilt. Love the colors!

kwiltkrazy 02-11-2012 03:52 PM

wow, love the little twister, color and design.