Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2013-doll-quilt-swap-strips-stripes-sign-up-t211287.html)

urgodschild2 02-08-2013 08:16 AM

A boat house sounds wonderful but can you just see it if another "Sandy" comes along. You could be floating into times square.

Krystyna 02-08-2013 08:34 AM

Houseboat? No thanks! Actually about 15 years ago we had a big storm and it blew a rickety old houseboat close to the bulkhead on the bay. My son and a friend captured it, tied it up and put in a claim with the bay constable ... if no one claimed it, they'd get it! Well, sad to say they condemned it as unsafe. Probably a good thing in the long run.

TammyB 02-08-2013 02:15 PM

Thinking of everyone who's bracing for (or by this time in it) the storm in the northeast part of the country. Batten down the hatches and stay safe!

mooretll 02-09-2013 03:06 AM

be safe K
my dq iscoming alone hope to mail it by Monday

Krystyna 02-09-2013 05:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The snow wasn't bad here at all, although there are news reports of much higher snow out east and to the north. My sister in Smithtown got 25". Lots of reports of people stuck in their cars on the highways.

Here's the view from my bedroom window of the courtyard. The little building to the right in the second photo is the trash house and the tan thing to the right of the big tree is the infamous mailbox bank.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394050[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394051[/ATTACH]

Hoping everyone is safe and sound. A good day to quilt!!!

urgodschild2 02-09-2013 08:52 AM

Quess you all were lucky. My friends in Mass. have almost buried cars.
WEll sorry to say but here in So. Cal it is a beautiful sunny day. Saying that I will still quilt. One of the things about living back east (when I did a few years ago) is that you really appreciated spring and then summer. The minute that weather got a little warmer and the sun would shine all day.......everyone was outdoors...soaking in every minute. In CA....we get to choose.
I have finished my DQ but I am hanging on to it to show my quilt class on Tuesday.

978gray 02-09-2013 11:03 AM

Here in Eastern Mass I survived the storm, although still snowing. We have over 2 feet on the ground and it is still snowing. I am lucky in that we still have power, although in Mass over 400,000 customers are without power. The beach communities are taking it hard.

Now to dig out. Driving Banned will be lifted at 4:00pm.

978gray 02-09-2013 02:36 PM

Finished my little doll quilt today. Now off to mail it on Monday!

Now time to shovel!!

JuanitaBean 02-09-2013 03:34 PM

DQ sent out yesterday. Everone be safe and happy quilting.

wanda lou 02-09-2013 06:19 PM

My little quilt is finished and going to mail it to it's new home on monday.

K glad you are fine , you've been in my prayers, thanks for sharing the pictures.