Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2024 I Spy swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2024-i-spy-swap-t322188.html)

travelinggramma 01-14-2024 03:58 PM

Will pass although it is tempting as my stash is stashed.
when I pack for swaps I put everything in ziplock bags then use a needle to punch a few holes. Then squish the entire large bag.

bkay 01-15-2024 07:05 AM

Well, we've gotten off to a good start:

Macy Baby is sending 24 bags
Quiltmom2 is sending 8 bags

I haven't yet decided whether to cut 3 or 4 sets. We have plenty of time and I have plenty of fabric, so it will probably be 4 sets.

bkay

m-fay 01-17-2024 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 8632115)
I'm checking out what fabric I have. I reckon I'll have to post by end January at the latest.and just a final check. 8 bags with 10 x 5" differnt charms equels 80 charms all up but each bag can be the same if i want.

is this all I have to put together? Bkay when I have it all ready, I will know the weight and then get your address to send money for you to post back?

bkay 01-18-2024 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 8632635)
is this all I have to put together? Bkay when I have it all ready, I will know the weight and then get your address to send money for you to post back?

That's all you have to put together. Obviously, it's a bag with ten different fabrics in it times 8. It can be the same 10 fabrics in each bag or not.

They said that a pound would be about $20.00.

bkay

m-fay 01-19-2024 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will have enough for 1 set of 8 bags. I'm no sure if these fabrics are are suitable if not, I will buy more. Is the "framed" one too busy? Thanks

Macybaby 01-20-2024 08:48 AM

m-fay, I'd be happy with what you've shown. And I sure hope it's not "unacceptable" as I've got several that are "busy" like that. I think they add way more interest being more like a picture.

bkay 01-21-2024 06:34 AM

I think the bear is perfect for an I Spy quilt.

bk

bkay 01-22-2024 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's where we are:
Macy Baby is sending 24 bags
Quiltmom2 is sending 8 bags
M-fay is sending 8 bags
I'm sending 32 bags

I think that is enough so that no one gets duplicates.

So, we're moving right along.

bkay

I started cutting my charms on Saturday. It's been really cold (for us) here, so I've stayed in. I had forgotten how many really fun I Spy fabrics I had. Here is the first set (I hope): (Yes, they are on a cookie sheet.)

m-fay 01-22-2024 09:55 PM

Bkay Posted mine today I have tracking. Etc I will pm you tonight

bkay 01-26-2024 05:44 AM

Quiltmom, I received your package. Thanks.

I labeled my 4 sets yesterday, so they are ready to go.

I explained what I was doing and the "how to" play of an I spy quilt to my cousin. So now I'm making an I Spy quilt for her great-grandson's second birthday in March I met the little bugger at her birthday party last fall. He is adorable.

bkay