Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-up-ends-january-31-2015-a-t260272.html)

JuneBillie 02-16-2015 05:36 PM

Quiltjoey that is a wonderful package from joni. It's all so nice.

suzy0879 02-16-2015 05:44 PM

Ladybug was talking about her April pc, are there monthly themes or holiday requirements for the coming pc? I have been working on another one but did not know if there would be special instructions.

Ladybug 1938 02-16-2015 06:09 PM

We just do things in holiday themes but don't have to do it. Mine will work around the holiday or the person's likes...

ctyankee 02-16-2015 06:11 PM

Karen -- love your new avatar!

Suzy -- yes, it would be difficult to pick out the "winner" -- everyone's pc's & nc's are truly beautiful! :)

lynnie 02-16-2015 06:28 PM

Karen, I love your new avatar too. cute and seasonal.

It's horribly freezing here. not as bad as last night. only going down
to the teens tonight. but still windy and my fingertips are still frozen.

Off to my bee tomorrow, cant wait. I love going and getting stuff done.

maybe tomorrow we'll get more pictures.

J_cody 02-16-2015 07:19 PM

Well am very glad you like everything quiltjoey I have to say I saw so many beautiful pic and needle cases that I was second guessing everything I did. I made pincushions with the walnut shells for my other quilt friends and I now have one for myself it is wonderful . The scissors are not antique I purchased at hobby lobby. Thanks everyone for making me feel so good on my first swap
Joni

nhnative 02-17-2015 07:07 AM

Joni I'm glad that you enjoyed your first swap. They are addicting. I just noticed that you are from Iowa. Anywhere near Arlington where the Bachelor lives? He is cute and I can't wait to see who he picks.

lynnie 02-17-2015 11:42 AM

My bee was cancelled due to snow, Now what am I going to do.
if I cut at home, Zoey comes and sits on things and bites my hand if I use the rotary cutter.
does anyone else have this problem with their cats? Not letting you cut things with a rotary cutter?
We have an open floor plan in the condo, so the only doors are on the bathrooms, and I feel
terrible putting her in there. so I'm happy to hear your suggestions to be able to sew solo.

ctyankee 02-17-2015 02:10 PM

My Arthur does that, too, minus the biting part. But he's very easy-going, so all I have to do is move him & he gets the idea. I have been known to rotary cut around his tail -- I know, not the best idea. That's when I started to move him. Like I said, he's not a biter so he just parks himself a tad further away from me, usually on a pile of fabric. He has to be near me, unless my husband is home -- he prefers his daddy. Good luck with Zoey.

Belfrybat 02-17-2015 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by J_cody (Post 7093412)
.... The scissors are not antique I purchased at hobby lobby. Thanks everyone for making me feel so good on my first swap
Joni

Where in Hobby Lobby? By the notions or with the scrapbooking items? I really like them since I also have "fat fingers".

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7094357)
My bee was cancelled due to snow, Now what am I going to do.
if I cut at home, Zoey comes and sits on things and bites my hand if I use the rotary cutter.
does anyone else have this problem with their cats? Not letting you cut things with a rotary cutter?
We have an open floor plan in the condo, so the only doors are on the bathrooms, and I feel
terrible putting her in there. so I'm happy to hear your suggestions to be able to sew solo.

I had the same problem with a half-grown kitten that adopted me last fall. My cats are not allowed on the cutting table, but it was difficult training him. Slapping the table with a book to startle him while firmly saying "down" and a squirt bottle finally got the message across. Now he sits on the shelf near the table and yowls at me. But better than him losing a paw or the tip of his tail.