Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February POM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-pom-t274811.html)

tlambing 01-21-2016 04:17 PM

February POM

~February~ Project of the Month
Mail by February 29th

This months project will be a Set of 6 Coasters ~Spring themed~
(thought we’d start with an easy yet fun one)

I’d really like this swap to be a challenge, getting us “Thinking outside the box” So…don’t just think….. quick, square and plain.
How about round or hexi, paper pieced or embroidered etc. And who says they need to match? Have fun!

There are no precise directions or criteria. I only ask that your finished project be something that you would be excited to receive.

If you’d like to join, please send a pm to me tlambing and include the following

Real Name
Phone #
Email address

Sign ups will be open until Sunday January 31st. Names out soon after. You will have until February 29th to mail your project.

I’d really like to keep this about the project, so I am going to ask that we not send extra goodies. This will help to keep postage down as well as helping us not feel an obligation to shower our partner with gifts. If you feel you must do something extra, how about writing a poem or drawing a picture or sharing a joke? I bet you can think of something!

As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers. It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.

I ask that you let me know when you send your project and when you receive from your partner.

Any swapper that does not follow through with their obligation to the swap will be banned from future swaps and will receive bad (swap) feedback.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****

lynnie 01-21-2016 04:32 PM

Let me look and see if I have fabrics for this one.

dotcomdtcm 01-21-2016 04:42 PM

Do you have an approximate size? I'm sure we can figure it out.
I've been printimng out extra copies of patterns to include as a "goodie". Inexpensive and not fattening!!

dotcomdtcm 01-21-2016 05:12 PM

Here;s my idea. A big snowstorm is coming. I'll make my snowballs ... out of spring flowers!!
I have a 6.5 " square template. Looks like a good size to me! Cheers, Dotty

lynnie 01-21-2016 06:49 PM

I'm in on this one, sounds like a great idea! lets hope we get some new people to join in.
This one sounds like fun!

ctyankee 01-21-2016 07:11 PM

This does sound like fun. I love making coasters. Count me in.

Dotty -- that's a great idea, copying a pattern!

kiffie2413 01-21-2016 09:34 PM

Due to family and my own health issues, I've sat out of swaps except for the fq swap for a while. This one sounds like fun, and it would ease me back in...
Let me ponder and peruse my patterns...I will sign up well before the deadline if I can be sure I can complete my obligation.
Kif

Chasezzz 01-22-2016 05:28 AM

Sounds like fun. I'm in...will send pm

Ladybug 1938 01-22-2016 06:31 AM

I can use some Spring coasters. Since I've moved all I have are Christmas and a set that matches my colors... Just bought flowers to make a bouquet and add to my wall decoration..

Ladybug 1938 01-22-2016 06:35 AM

The way my computer has set this up for me I can't get to PM anyone so how can I sign up...
was emailing Karen and she would email me.
Any suggestions...?????????