Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

quiltnut4ever 02-06-2013 04:40 PM

Quilty-Louise,
I hear ya on not feeling well. I too haven't felt like myself lately but I have to work especially this week, its court week. Hope your feeling better!

mscupid804 02-06-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5843397)
Just a quick and brief update.

I have not yet felt up to making something special for my SP, as
well as I have not tore open the envelope to repack and add the
stuff I left out.

This will get done I HOPE by this weekend.

Broke down and went to the Dr today because I was not feeling
any better. The results are:

No flu, and no Strep throat. What I do have is a bad case of the
"bug" that is going around plus a double dose of ear infection, and
mild sinus infection.

I honestly can't remember (outside of having surgeries) when I
was so wiped out of energy.

Hope to be back to a semi-normal (? if that is even possible for me)
functional state soon.

Awwwww {{{{{Louise}}}}}!

fayzer 02-06-2013 07:02 PM

Feel better soon Louise!

Vanuatu Jill 02-06-2013 07:18 PM

Sorry you have been feeling un-well, Louise. I can relate as I have been I'll for the past two weeks and even though I am better, I still have no energy and can't shake the sinus headache. Hope you get well quickly!!

Crafty Darlene 02-06-2013 07:21 PM

Hope you're feeling better soon Louise!
Did a little shopping for my SP today - got some candy that's RED, some Fatquaters that are Purple and ____ and of course some chocolate! More clues tomorrow SP!

wanda lou 02-06-2013 11:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received one of my packages today!

Vanogay thank you so very much, I love to crazy quilt and I can use everything you sent.

Vanogay sent me yards of fabric, buttons, rick rack and tons of embellishmenst for crazy quilts, she also sent me a large container of beads, a mason jar filled with lace, pattern and butterfinger's sorry they didn't make it in the picture.
And check out the skull wall hanging she made me... yep I like skulls... A BIG THANK YOU!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393648[/ATTACH]

mscupid804 02-07-2013 01:46 AM

Very nice Wanda!:thumbup:

quiltnut4ever 02-07-2013 05:11 AM

Great package Wanda!

Krystyna 02-07-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5842981)
Here is my experience with re-gifting. For one of my first swaps, my sp said that she like purples and flowers and she wanted a mug rug. So, I got busy and chose some purple floral fabrics. I made a mug rug for her and used special machine stitches for quilting. I put a lot of thought into it. The very next month, I saw a photo that she had given it to her sp. My feeling were hurt because I followed all her likes and she still gave it away.

Same thing happened to me. And she even named who it came from! I spent a loooong time making it and then the very next month -- off it went. Like you, my feelings were hurt and I was more than a little shocked. I know that space is limited in some homes, but if you don't like something or don't have room, maybe consider re-gifting it to your guild?

Krystyna 02-07-2013 06:13 AM

SP, sit tight. It's only the 7th. I haven't put your package together yet, but I will very soon. Will probably mail on Monday.
Had a very good meeting with the new lawyer yesterday and we left feeling more confident than ever before. That was followed by a good meeting with the SBA inspector. Fingers crossed! We also got in contact with two builders who do modular homes and are hopeful that we will find an affordable solution. I had to get the assessed value from the city and county and was shocked that our teeny weeny cottage on a 40x100 plot was valued at just under $450,000! More than a little crazy -- and I cannot imagine anyone paying that much for it pre-storm.