Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

LAQUITA 02-23-2013 07:34 PM

Is there anyway to be notified of the next months swap sign up? I don't always get to check the board but every few days and it seems that I run within hours of getting signed up for the next one. Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks everyone your the best! :)

Krystyna 02-23-2013 07:37 PM

Deb, nice package you received.

Well, we went to the estate sale after all. The mannequins were in bad shape. One no arms, one no fingers. I actually ordered this one today. But, back to the sale. pin cushions were not in abundance. And kinda nasty. The sewing room was, indeed, loaded ... with junk. BUT I did get a few peculiar things and a bunch of good quality fabric ... all for $10! So ... all good.

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 08:07 PM

Took less than 6 hours for that pair of sunglasses to sell. TOTALLY
shocked me because I honestly did not think they would sell much
less do so as fast as they did.

That was a fast $75 for sure.

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5882900)
Well not so much on Etsy, but I DO have an artfire account set up
to sell from. Might try both see how it goes AFTER I can get it sorted.

And I just listed my first thing on ebay to sell (pair of sunglasses).

Need to finish to "sorting" process to see what I am giving to my
daughter (she is only getting a limited amount), and what I intend
to sell.

Lori Peercy 02-23-2013 08:26 PM

Way to go Quilty-Louise!

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 08:36 PM

Thanks Lori.

I am still rather shocked, but I am happy that my beloved
pair of sunglasses sold.

Lori Peercy 02-23-2013 08:38 PM

Here is where we stand and I am sorry if you have already sent this information to me if the list is wrong please send me a pm so we can move on to MARCH (my favorite month)

Received??????
Date package was mailed to her

dconroy84 2-15
dabbler312 2-13
Happylab 2-14
leiladylei54 ?????
letsquilt 2-11
mimin 2-15
Nancy in Louisiana 2-22
pbadder 2-15
saraaev 2-4
shawnna 2-22
tracibug ??????
vickiw 2-23

Mailed???

dconroy84
happylab
happystitchermm
lovngrandma

starshine 02-23-2013 09:36 PM

Lori hope you're feeling better. Remember to get plenty of rest. (don't look at the time of this posting)

Skaduzy for you cracks and splits in your fingers, pierce a vitamin E capsule and put the oil on the split, during the day and again at bedtime. I sometimes get them on my thumbs and the vitamin E heals it in a day or two. It is very good for healing skin injuries and soreness. I first learned about it when breastfeeding-it was the best for sore nipples, and it wasn't harmful to the baby. Last summer when I sliced the tip of my thumb off it was slow healing and then after a few days I decided to start putting the E on and healing improved exponentially.

tracibug 02-23-2013 11:22 PM

I'm on the bench yet as well... Making progress on my to-do list though but the end of the month is coming fast!!

leiladylei54 02-24-2013 12:00 AM

I'm still sitting on the bench waiting, Lori. Nothing has appeared yet.

Knitette 02-24-2013 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 5883722)
Is there anyway to be notified of the next months swap sign up? I don't always get to check the board but every few days and it seems that I run within hours of getting signed up for the next one. Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks everyone your the best! :)

Laquita - as far as I can see, Lori always closes the swap at 4pm on the last day of the month. Do you have a kitchen or desk calendar that you could mark the day before? Does it coincide with pay day or other important date?
If you use email, I use my email calendar to send me an electronic email reminder of important dates the day before. :)