Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

Lstew2212 02-24-2013 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5877813)
I am sooooo excited!!!!

I have found the PERFECT dress to wear to my son's wedding.

What do you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396764[/ATTACH]

kinda reminds me of the swan dress Bjork wore to the Oscars one year. Butterfly is nice though, you would be original. LOL

quiltnut4ever 02-24-2013 07:56 AM

Good morning all! Great pkgs coming in again! Can't wait for the March SP swap! Its in the high 80's here today very unusual for this month. I hear we're going into the lows by the end of the week. Hoping everyone is ok and safe. Lori please do get rest. Krystyna glad you found something and for $10 not bad. For those of you still waiting I hope you get your pkgs soon! Everyone have a great day.

pbadder 02-24-2013 08:53 AM

Lori hope you get to feeling better soon. I also am trying to get rid of a cold I don't feel too bad today, hope it will be gone soon so I can get back to sewing. I also am still on the bench, as nothing as arrived yet. Waiting patiently I know it will get here soon.

queenof2802 02-24-2013 09:08 AM

good morning!! I have been off the boards too for a few days. Lots to catch up with when you do get back on!

Love that butterfly dress and head piece!! I may have to borrow it. Really don't have an occation but I am sure I could find one.

I too am looking forward to March's swap. Have some things ready. Just have to add from the wish list.

Weather is beautiful here. Sun has been shinning but decieving. Still very cold.

gzuslivz 02-24-2013 10:29 AM

This is off topic, but I wanted to share with you. My daughter and her husband moved in with us yesterday. We have spent 3-4 weeks cleaning out our downstairs room for them. It had been a catchall for 25 years and was one shoebox shy of an episode on Hoarders. It has been, and continues to be an exhausting venture. But, we are very happy to all be together. To top it off, this daughter is expecting our first grandchild! A little girl named Cora Madeline, due any time now. I can hardly wait!! The downside is that all this work has wreaked havoc on this fibromyalgia ridden body. Today I am just sitting. I sure hope I can get to sew for a few minutes today.

luvstoquilt 02-24-2013 10:44 AM

I checked with Lori and found out my package was delivered on 2/19. I am glad to find out it made it but I really did try to make it a great package...it is really disappointing when you don't get a message.

Renee, How exciting to be expecting your first grandbaby and even better to have her there with you! I hope you feel better soon. You better take it easy and get some rest before Cora Madeline gets there to keep you awake at night!

Krystyna I am drooling at the thought of an estate sale. I miss the wonderful ones that were always happening in NJ...not nearly as many around here for sure. I did see that "Sewology" notions are 50% off this coming week..I always grab things for upcoming swaps.

I am beginning work of my doll quilt...my first one for that swap...really looking forward.

Lori Peercy 02-24-2013 11:41 AM

Have posted sign up for March, please continue to alert me when you get your packages as I have 12 who have not received yet! Thanks, Lori

sewdamncute 02-24-2013 06:37 PM

Really? A mannequin? What will Daisy think? Where will she live? Have you had one before? :)

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5883727)
Deb, nice package you received.

Well, we went to the estate sale after all. The mannequins were in bad shape. One no arms, one no fingers. I actually ordered this one today. But, back to the sale. pin cushions were not in abundance. And kinda nasty. The sewing room was, indeed, loaded ... with junk. BUT I did get a few peculiar things and a bunch of good quality fabric ... all for $10! So ... all good.

Krystyna 02-25-2013 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute (Post 5885924)
Really? A mannequin? What will Daisy think? Where will she live? Have you had one before? :)

Yes! A mannequin! I had a wonderful old dress form before the flood ... like one of these -- to model aprons and scarves -- and also used a Victorian head statue for my veils. Now I can photograph longer veils on a model without the pooling of lace. Not sure how Daisy will feel about her, but as as soon as she doesn't bite her! Now I need to find a cheap dress for her to wear in black with long sleeves. The other one bit the dust with the dress form :( Now what to name her ... hmmmm. Maybe I'll call her Darlene! :D

buslady 02-25-2013 01:25 PM

Sounds like a good name. Maybe we can all check our local resale shops for you!